Intermittent fuel pump failure?

vonrottes

Alright so recently I've been having a bad time with fuel pump issues in my Sonoma.

A few months ago the stealth 340 pump I had been using for 6 years died, replaced with with a walbro 450HP per recommendation of other people. After 6 days it decided to stop working while driving...

After pulling the pump and checking it, it seemed to work fine. So I put it back in making sure the ground was clean. That was jack in June or July and I've had zero issue with it until last week.

Now the pump is acting up again, but only on start up, the pump just isn't kicking on with the key, if I short the relay to the battery and gently tap the tank the pump kicks on and works just fine. Sometimes once I turn the engine off and turn the key on the pump will kick back on other times it wont. Have not had any issues while driving.

Pump was bought from summit, and is hooked up with racetronix hotwire kit on the alternator and bulkhead upgrade and grounded directly to the frame, sanded to bare metal.

Never had any issues with the fuel pump for 6 years and now all of a sudden they just don't want to work.

Any ideas what this could be other than a bad pump?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk