Panhandlers / Beggars? Tips and Stories

ShowHBK

Didn’t read any of the above posts. Back when I was in grad school I was out with a bunch of buddies boozing it up and a bum came up to us and asked us for a dollar. One of the guys in our group replied “shit, I was going to ask you the same thing”. This line is the quickest, coldest, most efficient way to deal with these people

You remind me of that Ted guy. The "Man with the Golden Voice" You're both assholes.

I unfortunately met that guy at the Taco Bell in the same parking lot. He was panhandling still and lost all his money (again) to drinking / drugs. The dude has an amazing voice and will say anything for you for like $5. outside of that, he was a complete asshole, can confirm.

I unfortunately met that guy at the Taco Bell in the same parking lot. He was panhandling still and lost all his money (again) to drinking / drugs. The dude has an amazing voice and will say anything for you for like $5. outside of that, he was a complete asshole, can confirm.

curious what made him a complete asshole? can you be specific about it?

I mean you are dealing with a drug addicted and possibly mentally ill person - what is it that you were expecting that he surprised you enough to call him an asshole?

Didn’t read any of the above posts. Back when I was in grad school I was out with a bunch of buddies boozing it up and a bum came up to us and asked us for a dollar. One of the guys in our group replied “shit, I was going to ask you the same thing”. This line is the quickest, coldest, most efficient way to deal with these people

I've done this a few times, or rather you beat them to the punch. I was filling up at the Giant Eagle at 161 and 71 (before it closed down, this was probably 7-8 years ago) and some guy walked up to me and started to say something and I said "Hey, do you have any cash? I need it for this gas." and he just closed his mouth and walked away... :lol:

I was doing some work the other day and let a homeless guy use my tools to fix his bicycle. They don't bother me in the least. The way I see it we're all just some bad things away from it being us in need. In the rare event that I have cash on me I give it to them and I've been known to go to the ATM and return with cash.

Drugs, mental illness, whatever, the bottom line is no one wants to have to beg like that.