Home office ideas

initzero

I'm assuming you are just talking about furniture/layout?

If also considering any equipment, depending on what you are doing, an ultrawide (3x") monitor can be life altering. Being able to throw up 2 files at one time right next to each other on the same screen, or one very wide file is a huge benefit. Even if you aren't doing that now, you can at least make the furniture setup conducive to that in the future. I've got a 27" regular ratio monitor at my new location, it's great, but I'm really missing the widescreen I had at the old place. 2 monitors next to each other is not a substitute. There is something about having the info on the same screen that makes it easier to work with; maybe that physical break in the monitors doesn't allow your eyes to smoothly track between the two.

If you are using a newer laptop, a USB-C dock was really nice change too, when it worked correctly. But, if you are working from home maybe you are not coming and leaving your desk as much, so probably not as big of a benefit.

I ran with a corner style desk with hutch on top, one book shelf and one "media center". I have learned that more storage the better to be organized. Lots of file areas for folders is good too. I will take a photo and post it for visual idea