Lemon Law due to parts on backorder?

PRD2BDF

I'm just curious. I hit a deer in the TourX Tuesday and I'm still waiting on the body shop to let me know if the parts are available to order. If they're on backorder, do I have grounds to file a lemon law? I read the article ( https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Individuals-and-Families/Consumers/Consumer-Tips/Consumer-Tips-Auto/Lemon-Laws ) but it looks like I don't. Thoughts on this?

Not an attorney, but do have experience with the lemon law. The lemon law covers issues/problems covered under warranty for new vehicles. (during the first 12 months or 18k miles only) Damage caused by an accident with parts to repair on back order would not qualify for the lemon law.

If you're using insurance to get the vehicle repaired, they should be leaning on the dealership to get the parts as fast as possible (assuming they're covering a rental while your ride is in the shop). Good luck!

Lemon Law is for warranty issues. You have physical damage. Waiting on parts would not be covered. Is the backorder still due to the strike last year? A friend of mine ordered a 2020 Vette and it is several months behind on production. I would imagine parts are the same.

GM parts is still screwed up from the strike. I deal with this every day, I waste plenty of time looking at things I cannot fix because I can’t get the parts. I don’t get paid until the car is fixed.

I feel for you. I felt horrible for the service advisors catching heat from customers when the parts weren't available and no loaner cars available when I was there.