Car buying process

l36tols1

I have never in my life had a car payment reach $400.
I agree when I was younger, couldn't imagine a payment near $400. I preferred to buy a cheaper car and modify it at that age (still do, lol). It's all about priorities and where you decide to spend your extra money.

Now I have 2 car payments that are each over double that, situations change.

Everyone's circumstances and goals are so different that it's hard to advise without more information.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Damn, bunch of old men advices here. Buy what he like, enjoy it and may be he’ll work harder to obtain better shits down the road of life.

It's almost as though folks learned from their mistakes and are now older and wiser.

...what a crock. Ok boomers.

Damn, bunch of old men advices here. Buy what he like, enjoy it and may be he’ll work harder to obtain better shits down the road of life.
I would say that's the hardest thing in life, finding that happy medium between fun/enjoying life and planning for tomorrow.

That's what kids struggle to grasp. I'm all for a fun car, just live in cheaper housing then.

GTR and a one bedroom in Hilliard, or a Honda Civic and an arena district condo.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dude is clearly the spoiled rich kid

10-13k car is nicer than 75% of America has.

Just to be clear, my comment was not a dis to TTQ. I live in an area now where the kids that just got their licence are diving NEW cars, and the house I am in is bigger than any house I had seen when I was in high school. Times have just changes, but I grew up in household well under the poverty line, but I still cant see what I kid driving to high school should need (or deserve really) anything more than a $1500 mid 2000s civic with a good set of tires.

I have never in my life had a car payment reach $400.

I may be the minority, but I've never had a car payment. Up here, a mortgage on a rental property that pays 8-900 a month is $350. LOL. Why would I ever take money I could invest in something hat will pay me into a deprecating, interest bearing asset?

Debt, and America's general acceptance of it, is a huge, HUGE problem.

Just to be clear, my comment was not a dis to TTQ. I live in an area now where the kids that just got their licence are diving NEW cars, and the house I am in is bigger than any house I had seen when I was in high school.

Same. No dis taken. Those that do, doesn't bother me. Everyone's situation is different. I have my 17yr old in a pretty nice car for $11k and it's not a big deal cost wise knowing it's a reliable solid car that I can take on long trips even and not worry about. I'm not doing that in a $2k car nor do I want him in having issues as this will likely go to college with him. Thankfully he's at Scioto vs Gerome so the reality check is there. His friends aren't driving new BMW's but many over there are.

Same. No dis taken. Those that do, doesn't bother me. Everyone's situation is different. I have my 17yr old in a pretty nice car for $11k and it's not a big deal cost wise knowing it's a reliable solid car that I can take on long trips even and not worry about. I'm not doing that in a $2k car nor do I want him in having issues as this will likely go to college with him. Thankfully he's at Scioto vs Gerome so the reality check is there. His friends aren't driving new BMW's but many over there are.

That's good. Y'all do you and don't worry about any haters or jealous types.

As for the $2k cars I drove a 1992 Tercel I gave (IIRC) $1800 for to glen Burnie, MD with a stop way out of the way in Clearfield, PA, and back with no issues. That car would go to CA and back non-stop and be fine. Paid $12k for a VW once. NEVER again. That thing had more issues than any vehicle I've ever owned. It was good for Columbus and back most days. I would've never gone out of state with it.

~$2k doesn't mean any less reliable than ~$11k necessarily. It can be an indicator but it's not the law. You just have to know what you're doing.