Slimpsy Review

Rocky31186

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I absolutely didn't know about the frame. I provided recent records where I had it repaired (over $500 worth) and obviously would have not sold it had I known. The CEL I was told was an o2 sensor and nothing to worry about. I figured a car that needed a couple things with over 200K was a good deal for $1,000. Rocky even hooked up his code reader and said he wasn't worried about it, and cleared the codes prior to purchasing. I wasn't trying to hide anything. I certainly wouldn't come here and try to give someone (what I thought) was a good deal on something, and ruin a 17 year reputation with this community for $1,000. I have hired and worked with so many great people from this site, and feel privileged to be a part of it. Anyone who has dealt with me here knows I'm a decent person. . . I'm sorry this went south. . . and sorry I didn't want to refund you over a day later after I had used the funds and we even discussed you fixing it and selling it and me getting that title done ASAP (which I did).

This is pathetic.

Its 1K and its a car you looked at prior to purchasing.

Is he kinda douchey for not letting you know it was trans codes? Maybe. Maybe he didn't know.

Did he know about the frame? We will never know.

Cry a fucking river about it though, please.

When life give you lemons, make lemonade.

I had a similar experience last year. Found a 04 Tacoma on CL, frame was rusty, mainly surface but no holes. Later on found out that the mfer that sold me the truck filled three rust hole with bondo. I had Jon of Moorespeed Motorsport patch the holes up with metal plates. Did some deferred maintenance on it, drove it a year, took the SC off of it and sold It to someone that loved it.

Chalked it up as a learning experience and move on. Good luck to both parties.

When life give you lemons, make lemonade.

I had a similar experience last year. Found a 04 Tacoma on CL, frame was rusty, mainly surface but no holes. Later on found out that the mfer that sold me the truck filled three rust hole with bondo. I had Jon of Moorespeed Motorsport patch the holes up with metal plates. Did some deferred maintenance on it, drove it a year, took the SC off of it and sold It to someone that loved it.

Chalked it up as a learning experience and move on. Good luck to both parties.

Exactly what I did. Life goes on, hope others dont get screwed over.

For all those that care, this shit pile was sold for parts. Will, go fuck yourself.

Do you truly believe this guy would knowingly sell a car with a bad frame to a fellow CR member just to make a few bucks? I don't know Slimpsy, but that seems pretty far fetched IMO.

LOL

SO lets get this straight

Rocky has worked on cars for longer than a decade, didn't do due diligence on one of the most notorious platforms for being outright pieces of shit....

Slimpsy sells something and expects people to think he did not know trans codes were in there that the shop (if its worth half a shit) will pull first thing when it gets into their bay...

Edited by Geeesammy

Few things that I noticed...

Slimpsy - How TF did you pay $500 to have something fixed for you, but never look underneath it? Based off the CEL codes needing to be read for you, it sounds like you don't do much work on cars, or don't have the time. I find it a little fishy that you did not know about frame rust being that bad... but that's just my two cents.

Rocky - My dude... you paid $1000 for a $1000 car, you HAD to of known what you were getting into. Honestly, while Slimpsy might have not been completely up front with you about the rust, I honestly don't think it's entirely his fault. It was a shitbox car and idk what time of day you went over to pick it up, but with the weather we have been having, I'm willing to bet there was not much sunlight... so... yea...

You Boomers need to stop bitching about $1000. I got fucking bills to pay and College debt to worry about... Now shut up, shake hands, and fucking help cure ChronoVirus or something... Good Lord!

For the record, a 1k$ car doesnt have a bad frame. This thing was barely worth scrap price at 250$. Like I said, live and learn. I just trusted to much coming from a member on here. It was a 3rd vehicle for him that sat for months, he didn't park it because of a $120 wheel bearing, he didn't drive it because he more than likely knew about the frame. That's why he "spent the money the next day on a family car". Otherwise he would have thrown a wheel bearing in it and drove it..

But it's over now, car is scrapped and I'm out money. Any true man that had no idea would offer some way to make it right.

Thread can be closed whenever.

Few things that I noticed...

Slimpsy - How TF did you pay $500 to have something fixed for you, but never look underneath it? Based off the CEL codes needing to be read for you, it sounds like you don't do much work on cars, or don't have the time. I find it a little fishy that you did not know about frame rust being that bad... but that's just my two cents.

Rocky - My dude... you paid $1000 for a $1000 car, you HAD to of known what you were getting into. Honestly, while Slimpsy might have not been completely up front with you about the rust, I honestly don't think it's entirely his fault. It was a shitbox car and idk what time of day you went over to pick it up, but with the weather we have been having, I'm willing to bet there was not much sunlight... so... yea...

You Boomers need to stop bitching about $1000. I got fucking bills to pay and College debt to worry about... Now shut up, shake hands, and fucking help cure ChronoVirus or something... Good Lord!