And another one! WWCRD?

coltboostin

Well, someone hit the "buy it now button" on the C6Z. Dropped off a bag of cash, and she' gone.

So, what's next? WWCR Buy?

Budget-10k to 60k (I'll explain)

Considerations-Current stable

BMW 535ix. Fun, fast, and has been reliable. But, does have 160k+miles

Wifes Newed town and Country

The HoboEvo- 1000awhp shit missile

Another Shit middle (TBD, FWD import)

Needs-nothing really

Wants-Stupid fast, or fast enough but semi-flashy. Dumped, Camm'd and wrapped c6z garnered more attention than expected. And, I kinda liked it :)

Dont want-another project car. Whatever I do with it I want to end up just putting on miles and smiles. A plus if the wife can drive it, but not at all required

Here is my current train(s) of thought

1) Cheap.Fun/Fast + Upgraded DD. (10k) c5+turbo, s2k...ect and a A6 3.0T+ultracharger or S6? IDK....

I liked the Vette, and Lowered C5z look pretty good. Plus, I wont feel bad putting a truck motor in one.

Give options here for 10k fast that will take the BOOST

2) DD's able sports car. EX, c6+turbo, C7, Cyote stang+turbo, Viper...ect. (30K). A car that can do both, but keep the BMW for 4 doors and heavy snow.

3) YOLO. Get something expensive enough that I won't want to mod it. If I want to go fast, hop in the Hobo. Has to be flashy or Exotic (got that sounds gay!).

R8, GTR, 997 (in that order) would be the front runner here. (50-60k) Opinions welcome in this price range.

AND GO!

Edited by coltboostin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap fun - VETTE

DD- 335i with bad turbos bought for cheap then do a single turbo conversion

YOLO- R34 or Supra or 997 turbo

Vette-Ya

335i would be a downgrade from my 535ix?

R34-Nah, Supra Nah, 997 Turbo, mayyybee.

To clarify, anything in the "50k" range would have to be Newer, DD' able, and would remain mostly stock. R34 and Supra both do not fit that bill. Also, would have to avoid depreciation as much as possible.

This will go well.

Ya know me, JP. Anything different than the status quo gets my vote. Rat rod, stupid powerful wagon, something old with a new suspension and what not, Typhoon/Syclone, Grand National, a farm truck like Farm Truck.

...but you also already have "different" so what do I know? :)

Edited by Otis Nice

Reading your first few lines my thought was R8 so it was interesting to see that listed at the bottom.

The 2 fastest factory cars I have ever driven were a false with ludicrous mode and an awd R8. Loved them both. I'd take the tesla first.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Stay away from the TT 4.0L Audi is doing in the S6/S7, the turbos fade quick and the cost of maintenance is stupid. If you are "upgrading" from the C6Z, makes little sense to go backwards and get a C5/C6/C7. Why not order a C8, and drop it likes it hot when the C8Z comes out (I sure plan to snag an allocation for a Z)

I snag an older gated R8 and have Chad build a kit for it...

N platform so a nice 600+ 3 series would be fun unique and still Able to pull DD use. Cost would be similar to a turbo C5 at the end of the day for power level though

From what I have seen with that platform, too much work/Money/issues to make that 600hp reliable- and it still wouldn't be reliable. I can make 600hp with an LS with a 10th of the money

DD: Hellcat Charger?

YOLO: I pretty much agree with your order, but would throw the NSX in there

k

My issue with the Hellcat is it looks like a v6 charger. Zero status for your dollar, and for this purchase, that is a factor.

NSX- Just too slow, and a bit overpriced for what it is IMO. I'd have to mod it to be happy.

This will go well.

Ya know me, JP. Anything different than the status quo gets my vote. Rat rod, stupid powerful wagon, something old with a new suspension and what not, Typhoon/Syclone, Grand National, a farm truck like Farm Truck.

...but you also already have "different" so what do I know? :)

Wife has to like this one. Wife wont like any of those lol. Just not a "fast/cool truck" guy either. Just cant get into it....

This would be what I would go for, personally.

Hard to have one without turbos....

Escalade with a pair of snails. Something about a fast awd suv just get me all tingling

I just cant get into it. I like it from afar, dont want to spend big $$ just to have a fast baby hauler. I want a Sports Car, or an Exotic-ish

Stay away from the TT 4.0L Audi is doing in the S6/S7, the turbos fade quick and the cost of maintenance is stupid. If you are "upgrading" from the C6Z, makes little sense to go backwards and get a C5/C6/C7. Why not order a C8, and drop it likes it hot when the C8Z comes out (I sure plan to snag an allocation for a Z)

I snag an older gated R8 and have Cad build a kit for it...

Yeah, thats why I lean A6 3.0T+pully over S6. Similar power, half the price, twice the reliability.

As for downgrading, yes and no. I can have a C5 making 800whp and have 20k left over for what I sold my car for. Not an upgrade or downgrade, just time for the next thing.

Yeah, thats why I lean A6 3.0T+pully over S6. Similar power, half the price, twice the reliability.

As for downgrading, yes and no. I can have a C5 making 800whp and have 20k left over for what I sold my car for. Not an upgrade or downgrade, just time for the next thing.

My S4 is an absolute blast for the simple stage 1 it is, I've heard doing the pulley really picks them up but I DD it and don't want the problems if shit breaks.. by far the most expensive upkeep car I have owned to date lol