And another one! WWCRD?

coltboostin

Gtr—as much as I’ve considered selling this car, nothing I’ve driven is so completely easy to leave cars in the dust, stoplight to stoplight daily driving in any weather. I drive it all year long—run e85 all summer, 93 in the winter. It’s a bottom 10 car on the corn with full bolt ons. I haven’t had to do much maintenance in 30k miles of ownership. It’s a decent daily depending on your commute

S6–add rs7 turbos and you can have a mid 10 second ride with the dsg. My buddy had a heavily modded s6 he drove over 100k miles. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed dailying my rs7

Rs3—weirdly, you can get a brand new leftover ‘19 for bottom $50’s with an original msrp over $65k. These cars have some lag, but can easily make well north of 500whp on the stock turbo. They are light— around 3500lbs and feel about half the size of a Dodge Charger. On e85, you can get well into the 10’s with the stock turbo. Swap in a turbo and beef up the dsg, and this car will go 9’s all day. Not much sounds as unique as the inline 5 screaming wide open. I’m a huge fan of this car, and you just don’t see a ton of them

Appreciate you insight sir!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, for this purchase I *may* be ok with all of this. (And if I am not, I will sell, hence why I need the depreciation protection :)) This is more like buying a watch that a car. A Timex Expedition is indestructible and water-resistant down to 100M. Light, fast, looks good, It does everything you would want a watch to do.

A Rolex Datejust is heavy, hard to read, and finicky to adjust. But, when you put that fucker on your wrist, which is more satisfying?

Did you lose your phone? You know it tells the time too, right?

Appreciate you insight sir!

My vote is for the gtr. Audi’s, mustangs, bmws, corvettes. They are all common. Roll up next to one at a stoplight and there’s no knowing if it’s a 200hp 16 second rebadged a4, 6 pot mustang, or base c6 driven by a 70 year old geriatric. You see them everywhere. I don’t think the R8 will be fast enough for you.

Gtrs are rare. If you look it up, you’ll be shocked at how few have been sold. Roll up next to one at a stoplight and there’s no denying you’re going to get raped unless you’re in something special. The car still gets more attention than I’m comfortable with. Look up the website speed by design. The owner Chris Riggs is a good guy. You can get turbos and supporting mods to take a gtr up over 800-900 hp for a fraction of the cost of other companies.

My vote is for the gtr. Audi’s, mustangs, bmws, corvettes. They are all common. Roll up next to one at a stoplight and there’s no knowing if it’s a 200hp 16 second rebadged a4, 6 pot mustang, or base c6 driven by a 70 year old geriatric. You see them everywhere. I don’t think the R8 will be fast enough for you.

Gtrs are rare. If you look it up, you’ll be shocked at how few have been sold. Roll up next to one at a stoplight and there’s no denying you’re going to get raped unless you’re in something special. The car still gets more attention than I’m comfortable with. Look up the website speed by design. The owner Chris Riggs is a good guy. You can get turbos and supporting mods to take a gtr up over 800-900 hp for a fraction of the cost of other companies.

Great guy. He helped me with mine, very early on and cannot sing enough praise.

R8 and the earlier Gallardo are fairy reliable, and still look good (IMO) but leave a lot to be desired from a driving perspective if you have seat time in anything comparable, that’s newer. Which is obvious, but they don’t have the charm and cache of something old like say a 930.

If you find the right GTR, you’re not going to lose much if anything.

If you throw deprecation out of the window, the new Evora are a seriously potent car for the money.

Did you lose your phone? You know it tells the time too, right?

Right LOL

My vote is for the gtr. Audi’s, mustangs, bmws, corvettes. They are all common. The car still gets more attention than I’m comfortable with.

I hear you. I had a good convo with a good friend about this. def. had me thinking. Of all the car he has had/has now, the one he will give up last is the GTR. Also, 09-10 GTRs have been 50k for 5 years lol...bot sure they will go any lower really.

If you throw deprecation out of the window, the new Evora are a seriously potent car for the money.

i cant be frivolous though to not consider depreciation.

let me know when you're ready to sell this, i want a silver c5z for the garage

You can drive it home today playa! Just like the c6z, everything has a price :)

JP, I think you're officially a Vette guy, lol. Tough to beat that gen for looks and performance vs price. Congrats.

lk

c5/c6 really is a performance bargain in general. Really, I think a HIC c6z is the top of that mountain, morso that a Zr1

What happened to the mesh grills? Was it in an accident? It the black roof painted or is it a wrap? How much do these go for?

Yes, has a bump in carfax. The roof is PAINTED! What a savage. I almost think I would prefer it silver at that true coupe roof IMO is what sets this car apart. Clean examples with these miles fetch 16-18k but most boomers are asking well north of 20k

Can't go wrong with a c5z! Very nice! But what's up with those wheels?

IDK, but I like em' :)

Talks a big game about R8s, buys a C5Z... Unsubscribed.

:marc:

You have the SAME car nerd! LOL.

This is just to scratch the itch for now, and I could not pass up the deal. :cool:

This will be car 1 of 2. On the hunt for #2.

At this point, the order of interest has changed. Right now, Im GTR, 911, R8. Several reasons for it, but that's where Im at.

You can drive it home today playa! Just like the c6z, everything has a price :)

c5/c6 really is a performance bargain in general. Really, I think a HIC c6z is the top of that mountain, morso that a Zr1

Yes, has a bump in carfax. The roof is PAINTED! What a savage. I almost think I would prefer it silver at that true coupe roof IMO is what sets this car apart. Clean examples with these miles fetch 16-18k but most boomers are asking well north of 20k

IDK, but I like em' :)

You have the SAME car nerd! LOL.

This is just to scratch the itch for now, and I could not pass up the deal. :cool:

This will be car 1 of 2. On the hunt for #2.

At this point, the order of interest has changed. Right now, Im GTR, 911, R8. Several reasons for it, but that's where Im at.

If you end up with any of those three, don’t buy the most clapped out example.