2021 Trailblathzer

zeitgeist57

https://jalopnik.com/i-think-the-2021-chevy-trailblazer-has-the-smallest-eng-1842397311

You get a choice of TWO 3-cylinder engines...a 1.2L and the "big-block" 1.3L. :lol:

I appreciate using turbskis to pull max power out of these small-displacement mills...but I wonder how MPGs will really be affected when people are flooring it in stop-n-go traffic or stop-light racing during their daily commute. Intadesting...

https://jalopnik.com/i-think-the-2021-chevy-trailblazer-has-the-smallest-eng-1842397311

You get a choice of TWO 3-cylinder engines...a 1.2L and the "big-block" 1.3L. :lol:

I appreciate using turbskis to pull max power out of these small-displacement mills...but I wonder how MPGs will really be affected when people are flooring it in stop-n-go traffic or stop-light racing during their daily commute. Intadesting...

The Parking Lot (3 Viewing)

Off-topic discussions. Direct all automotive-related topics to The Passing Lane.

... :)

That thing has to be miserable to drive.

The last under powered vehicle I drove was a Diahatsu Bego while in Costa Rica. It was a 1.5l making 100hp in a ~2600lb suv. On flat ground it was ok but you couldn't run a hill with the a/c on. On very steep inclines you had to use 1st gear. It was pretty miserable.

Obviously the turbo on the trailblazer will help but its got a lot more weight to haul around. I think I saw somewhere they were only rated at 28mpg.

Thing is, most people buying these class of vehicles don't care about horsepower or torque. They're 70+, retired, and want something small enough to park while they can simply slide in and out of the seats.

Likely those engines are mated to 9sp or 10sp transmission which allows ultra close gearing ranging from ultra short to ultra tall. In my experience with 8sp in K2 and 9sp in Lambda2, there are a few strings of gears that are very closely spaced, at one point the engine speed went from 4k to 3.5k rpm during an upshift.

Likely those engines are mated to 9sp or 10sp transmission which allows ultra close gearing ranging from ultra short to ultra tall. In my experience with 8sp in K2 and 9sp in Lambda2, there are a few strings of gears that are very closely spaced, at one point the engine speed went from 4k to 3.5k rpm during an upshift.

Exactly what I came here to say. The horsepower figure doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot anymore unlike even 6 years ago.