Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what were the test results? how are you feeling? Also super curious what DeWine tells us tonight.
We actually haven't gotten the results from the national guard test LAST Friday, crazy. We went to Ohio health urgent care in reynoldsburgh and they do a throat swab in your vehicle. That was 4 o'clock yesterday, and they said 24-48 hrs.

It's basically just a technicality at this point.

The ONLY social contact we had, aside from distant patio visits to our parents, was finally caving and visiting some family in Athens for the 4th. We were on the family farm everyone spread out in lawn chairs under our own canopy (it was hot) and we wore masks if we were even remotely walking close to anyone. [emoji1745]

I have a cousin in Athens who's symptoms and timeline have followed mine almost to a T. He tested positive on Monday.

If CR is interested, I'll gladly track our symptoms for anyone who's curious or may gain an advantage on what to expect. If not, I'll just quietly get over this crap and get back to trolling Otis.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

First, thank you for the well wishes and the several CR members who reached out personally.

I'm 37 and my wife is 33, average health I'd say. I was in much better physical condition but have struggled to find a workout schedule since moving last year. Like most here, I work for a living and do a lot of projects/work around the house. I'm not usually affected badly by the flu etc..

Symptoms started late Friday the 10th.

By Saturday it was extreme fatigue/lethargy like I've never felt. Hard to get off the couch. Completely exhausting.

Sunday was more of the same, with the onset of what feels like a sinus infection. I lost all sense of smell and most taste Sunday night. (Strangest symptom for sure)

By Monday I was still exhausted but not getting worse. Wife was the same. Feels like the worst Sinus infection I've ever had. I have absolutely no smell or taste. I actually felt ok enough to cut up a tree that was in the way of my new shop build. May have over done it a bit and felt pretty crappy Monday night.

Tuesday I began to feel a little more energy with strange waves of fatigue/nausea, probably based on my activity. Sinus issues continue, and the only new symptom for both of us is a sore throat and a minor cough for the Wife. She is still pretty fatigued, basically does one house chore (sweeping, cooking, laundry, etc..) at a time with a period of rest between. I was able to slowly unload the tree top/branches on the brush pile and string out the building site with some effort.

Wednesday (today) is pretty much the same as yesterday for me, sinus pain, tired, still no smell or taste, but overall ok. Similar for the wife, though she is more fatigued than me and the sore throat is more prominent. I was able to relax in the pond while the kids swam, but any swimming on my part was instant fatigue.

Neither kid (4 and 6) has shown any symptoms, and I pray that it stays that way.

Hopefully we're on the upswing, and if it doesn't get any worse than this, I'll consider us to be very lucky. My only concern at this point is Hayley's slight cough, but it doesn't seem to be worsening.

Sorry if the daily tasks are annoying, I just thought it might be more relatable for folks to understand the effects.

Just got an email that Power Tour and DragWeek are cancelled.

RIP 2020

This is a bummer, I totally get it, but hoped to have the viewing content they both provide on Motor Trend and YouTube.

This is a bummer, I totally get it, but hoped to have the viewing content they both provide on Motor Trend and YouTube.

I was still holding out hope to attend. Dad and I were going to take the 57 vette, he even bought a new whole drivetrain for it.

Breathing excercise and stay hydrated my friend. Praying for you guys
We've been monitoring our pulse ox as well, so far so good. The sneaky lung issues people are reporting are definitely the biggest fear.

rona part 2: electric boogaloo

fun fact i'm awaiting a testing appointment as I have almost all the major symptoms

YOLO

(not shitposting here i've been up all night coughing)

Where'd you decide to get the test? If you have to wait long, we had no wait at Ohio health urgent care. They swab you in your vehicle.

Best of luck to you.

Ok, Covid is real, but the way they count the case need to stop.

My client came in this morning told me this. She and her son called to get scheduled for the Covid test. Showed up the line was too long so they left. Next day got a phone call and they informed her son got Covid. She told them that her son was never tested, they hung up the phone.

Ok, Covid is real, but the way they count the case need to stop.

My client came in this morning told me this. She and her son called to get scheduled for the Covid test. Showed up the line was too long so they left. Next day got a phone call and they informed her son got Covid. She told them that her son was never tested, they hung up the phone.

Im honestly trying to figure out if this story is as rampant as it sounds or if its a scam.

I have 2 good friends (I don't think they are lying to me) tell me the EXACT same story. They went to get tested. Line was long, they ended up leaving before they got to the testing stage. Several days later they get called and told they tested positive for COVID.

Its really hard to believe this same thing is happening at such a rate that I'm reading it here, facebook and from trustworthy friends that had it directly happen to them....

I will say, with how this year has been, it wouldn't surprise me if it IS true. This is all getting stranger and stranger.

I think if people are showing up to get tested and then leaving because the lines are too long, the takeaway shouldn't be that cases are being OVER counted. That's a symptom of a serious deficiency in our testing infrastructure and the obvious implication is that cases are being UNDER counted.

But I'm taking all of these second hand anecdotes with all the seriousness they demand.

Unfortunately the labs are overwhelmed and the testing sites are staffed by people who aren't used to this process/position (no one is). Mistakes are definitely going to be made, hopefully they aren't often enough to skew any real data.

My wife has only received results for 33 out out of 111 employees tested at a nursing home last Friday. That testing was performed by the national guard.

ive seen questionable practice by doctors before. ex of mine was tossed from a car above 100 mph and had ongoing issues due to the accident. Anytime she went to her doctor or members of her family, the doc would get prescribed the same allergy inhaler regardless of what issue they had.

I think if people are showing up to get tested and then leaving because the lines are too long, the takeaway shouldn't be that cases are being OVER counted. That's a symptom of a serious deficiency in our testing infrastructure and the obvious implication is that cases are being UNDER counted.

But I'm taking all of these second hand anecdotes with all the seriousness they demand.

Hypothetically if we are drastically under counting that would be a positive on all measurable tail effects?:confused:

Im honestly trying to figure out if this story is as rampant as it sounds or if its a scam.

I have 2 good friends (I don't think they are lying to me) tell me the EXACT same story. They went to get tested. Line was long, they ended up leaving before they got to the testing stage. Several days later they get called and told they tested positive for COVID.

Its really hard to believe this same thing is happening at such a rate that I'm reading it here, facebook and from trustworthy friends that had it directly happen to them....

I will say, with how this year has been, it wouldn't surprise me if it IS true. This is all getting stranger and stranger.

Maybe it's like when you are in line at McD's and someone hops out of line after ordering. Once you get to the window they are all messed up inside and can't figure out which orders go where.

Hypothetically if we are drastically under counting that would be a positive on all measurable tail effects?:confused:

By tail effects I assume you mean rate of hospitalizations and deaths, in which case yes, in a sense, but we're gonna get as many of those as we're gonna get regardless of our testing rate. Any disease capable of overwhelming our health care system is bad, so from a public health perspective a "better" rate of hospitalizations doesn't mean much, better to have an accurate picture of who's infected so they can limit the spread. But from an individual perspective for those personally concerned, anything that tells us the personal risk is lower than previously thought is good news.

But I'm guessing anyone buying into a conspiracy theory that cases are overstated because of whatever hijinks are going on at testing centers is NOT taking away a message that, as you suggest, overcounting cases means the disease is actually more deadly/dangerous than we thought. I'm guessing that's not the case at all. Nobody is saying "my friend was reported as positive even though she never took the test, I'd better put on a mask stat because those tail effects must be wicked!" Also this person is from Boston apparently.