Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

Im curious of peoples opinion on getting a vaccine when its available. Assuming you haven't gotten covid yet, are you cool with taking the small chance of getting seriously ill from the disease or having lingering side effects? Or does the vaccine scare you more?

My wife and I differ on this scenario. But she's in healthcare and doesn't like the idea of being forced into a vaccine that doesn't have long term study work. I on the other hand feel its worth the chance with the vaccine, especially if it helps extinguish this trash fire we are in from turning into a global dumpster fire (economically speaking).

I'm going to let other people be the crash test dummies for this vaccine, there will be PLENTY of volunteers for that.

My plan is to keep following the rules laid out by our dear leaders to keep myself and others safe until there's data on a vaccine.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im curious of peoples opinion on getting a vaccine when its available. Assuming you haven't gotten covid yet, are you cool with taking the small chance of getting seriously ill from the disease or having lingering side effects? Or does the vaccine scare you more?

My wife and I differ on this scenario. But she's in healthcare and doesn't like the idea of being forced into a vaccine that doesn't have long term study work. I on the other hand feel its worth the chance with the vaccine, especially if it helps extinguish this trash fire we are in from turning into a global dumpster fire (economically speaking).

I was previously of the same opinion as your wife; willing to get one after theres more time to assess the side effects. After watching my dad struggle with it (after following all the rules to limit exposure) and knowing the risk factors are not only death, but strokes, blood clots, possible permanent organ damage, etc, I am more likely to get it once it's available to me.

I will be keeping tabs on the different trials going on and will be likely to seek out a specific company's vaccine.

50d6fc050d9c5c8e06ddcbd3b766c84b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not if you me and everyone wear our mask

It won't change in a week. If anything the cases will go up and not down. I wear a mask when I do go out but I don't really even go anywhere anymore. I'm still not working. I just go to the carry out and the grocery store anymore. I try to limit where I go anymore.

lulz. so more of evil bars/restaraunts, but hey big box retailers fine. For all the maskers... how many actually worked out this week if were all so worried about health.
Bike rides outside and home gym ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not working out isn't contagious.

Being in shape greatly reduces the chances of getting covid and increases the likelyhood of recovery due to a less chance of pre-existing conditions. therefore it impacts the likelyhood of being contagious.

Being in shape greatly reduces the chances of getting covid and increases the likelyhood of recovery due to a less chance of pre-existing conditions. therefore it impacts the likelyhood of being contagious.

Uuuhhhh, unless those preIexisting conditions are unrelated to exercise?

For example, Asthma, among many others.