Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

Were you not chosen as the support person? Or did they change policy and not update their page?

https://www.ohiohealth.com/locations/hospitals/riverside-methodist-hospital/our-healthcare-services/maternity/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I am the support person. This morning’s phone call from St Ann labor and delivery said I am not allowed to be present per management decision. The OB has stated he is okay with me being there but ultimately it isn’t his call.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a bummer for certain, but realistically just one more frustration/hardship/difficulty associated with Pandemic 2020 life. Add it to the pile.

True.

Unfortunately my pile is high enough after losing my mother two months ago at OSU. Where I could go wherever I wanted during that time. Sorry, just super fired up about this.

Much sympathy about your mother too, bud. For what it's worth, my wife has shared many good things about labor and delivery at Stann's as she works with that group. I'm sure you guys are in good hands there.

Good luck with everything m8

I am the support person. This morning’s phone call from St Ann labor and delivery said I am not allowed to be present per management decision. The OB has stated he is okay with me being there but ultimately it isn’t his call.

I would call and re-clarify this. My wife got an internal email at St. Anns that doesn't jive with this.

True.

Unfortunately my pile is high enough after losing my mother two months ago at OSU. Where I could go wherever I wanted during that time. Sorry, just super fired up about this.

Sorry about your mother too. Lost my dad Nov 2 at Riverside and we were never allowed to visit until his last hour of life (although he was in the COVID ward). When he was still conscious they did a few Zoom calls, but then there were cyberattacks and the hospital had to stop them and firewall everything coming from outside. Had some great nurses that volunteered their personal cellular devices so my mom could still talk to him.

Keep applying pressure and appeal to the hospital. I hope they change their mind before Friday for you.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I would call and re-clarify this. My wife got an internal email at St. Anns that doesn't jive with this.

We’ve been back and fourth with Westar and the hospital about this a few times today. The only give we’ve had is them willing to reschedule the cesarean to a later date. How that helps me be in the room for birth is beyond me.

We’ve been back and fourth with Westar and the hospital about this a few times today. The only give we’ve had is them willing to reschedule the cesarean to a later date. How that helps me be in the room for birth is beyond me.
Good luck, hope this works out for you. I'd be tempted to ask the ob about a different hospital, but I'm sure that would delay. Birth of your child is kind of a big deal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Try their patient feedback number. Sometimes getting someone outside the practices in the loop will cause things to get fixed. 614-234-2777

I had my first kid in September in Nashville. There were talks of the same policy being put into place. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I had a backup plan to "break" a bone and go to the ER, but just leaving the ER part of the hospital and appealing directly to the nurses on the OB ward. No idea if it would work, but im pretty convincing face to face. I would try any way possible to be there.

Another option is claiming that she needs you there for ADA reasons. If people can bring their pitbulls on planes without getting questioned, maybe a real fucking comfort human would be more useful during a birth.

I feel for you man - not something I would miss without fighting tooth and nail.

My 12yo daughter has a head cold. I have it too. Runny nose and morning post-nasal drip cough. No fever. Feeling fine.

Just had to go to middle school, where head and assistant nurse walk my daughter out to meet me. A teacher ratted her out when she coughed. She’s quarantined until December.

I’m respectful of the process...but it’s going to be a LOOOONG winter.

My 12yo daughter has a head cold. I have it too. Runny nose and morning post-nasal drip cough. No fever. Feeling fine.

Just had to go to middle school, where head and assistant nurse walk my daughter out to meet me. A teacher ratted her out when she coughed. She’s quarantined until December.

I’m respectful of the process...but it’s going to be a LOOOONG winter.

Ouch. I didn't know classes were still in. did they just send her home with you to stay in until December or is there some sort of process where the teachers report her to some higher authority?

coronavirus-meme-LOSTnLOVEco-22.png

Clay my kids were sent home yesterday with all of their stuff and told not to expect to come back on Monday. I haven't seen anything from the school board but I'd expect she's not going to be missing much here shortly. As I'm sure you saw, staffing seems to be the primary issue, my kids have said some days they sit in the cafeteria for hours because there aren't any subs. I'm like, well shit, why am I sending them to school to do homework?

Long winter indeed.