Coronavirus II

greg1647545532

Mace, ahh. Another knuckle dragging cave man, who's mind is more brilliant than leading medical experts.

Got it!

Well JT i was told by a clothier that I had monkey arms because of their lenght..so you may not be far off of the knuckle drag thing

I never said I was smarter than them, just that I don't want to do the vaccine or the others I posted earlier. If someone want to take it more power to them..I won't degrade them for it.

To that point also, my youngest has been on me because of my age to get it as I'm probably not as resilient as I was in my younger years..but again I respectfully declined.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not, but... consider my point of view. The smartest public health experts in the world, who want no fame, money, or power, have studied viruses for the whole lives only to say, "If everyone who's healthy gets this vaccine it will save lives. We've tested it to the best of our abilities and believe it to be safe."

But, but, Greg! The MyPillow guy said to take oleander extract and we'll all be fine, and he's, like, kind of a smart dude. So there are competing opinions out there. It's just so hard to know who to trust.

/s

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

greg...you're killing me...the anti-vaxxer comment ..now I'm going to have to confess..I'm am a hypocrite.

I believe all children should receive all their childhood vaccinations.

My sister in law is an AV'er and I've been on her about it but to no avail...color me embarrassed..lol

And no I can't come up with a scientific reason as to why I don't want it .. A small part is it did come out really quick, and I guess let's see how most people fair with it.. but that's not it.

I'm just some hard headed old Italian...sorry

Hey, if anyone understands being skeptical, it's this guy. But at the same time, 4000 Americans are dying a day, #1 cause of death since November... I just saw a headline that the average life expectancy for all Americans in 2020 went down by over a year. This thing is fucking people up and if we don't have the fortitude as a nation to literally lock ourselves in our apartments like the Chinese did, we at least need the fortitude to take a whatever small risk of vaccine side effects there might be.

On that note, I don't know if I mentioned it here, but so far the vaccine is optional at Wright Patterson. Firstly, I don't understand that at all, I've been pumped full of who knows what over the years and I was never given the option. The anthrax vaccine they were giving out during Iraq wasn't optional, and that was a sketchy fucking vaccine (I never got it because they never had enough and eventually decided it was silly). But anyway, the covid vaccine is optional and only 52% of those who have been offered it have accepted. 52%. Bunch of people who signed up to give their lives for their countrymen and they won't get a damn shot to save granny.

Well JT i was told by a clothier that I had monkey arms because of their lenght..so you may not be far off of the knuckle drag thing

I never said I was smarter than them, just that I don't want to do the vaccine or the others I posted earlier. If someone want to take it more power to them..I won't degrade them for it.

To that point also, my youngest has been on me because of my age to get it as I'm probably not as resilient as I was in my younger years..but again I respectfully declined.

It’s more about others, than yourself though. That’s the reason it’s annoying to me. We’ve reached a point, where science isn’t real and if you listen to medical experts you’re a liberal douche bag pussy.

I’m in my early 30s. I have had friends, in my age group who were extremely healthy wrecked my covid. Know people who have died, etc.

Far from just a normal flu man.

So when you got vaccinated you'd get a digitally signed certificate using VCI's PKI structure. You could then present that certificate to anyone who wanted to know your vaccination status and they could verify the certificate via VCI, but VCI wouldn't be tracking your certification status.

In other words, this is a digitally signed PDF that only you would have a copy of. I still think it's questionable but the tech is solid and non-creepy.

Show your papers.

The wife and I just finished fighting this thing. I don't want it again. It was a rough 10 days and I still have some lingering shit going on. The brain fog thing is real. Every time I drive now it feels like I'm drunk as hell. My wife is still having problems with a high heart rate. She goes for an EKG this week to see if they can figure out what's going on.

She works with + patients every day so it was just a matter of time before she brought it home. Part of me is kind of relieved we have it behind us and should have some limited form of immuny for a bit but these lingering issues are a little worrisome.

The wife and I just finished fighting this thing. I don't want it again. It was a rough 10 days and I still have some lingering shit going on. The brain fog thing is real. Every time I drive now it feels like I'm drunk as hell. My wife is still having problems with a high heart rate. She goes for an EKG this week to see if they can figure out what's going on.

She works with + patients every day so it was just a matter of time before she brought it home. Part of me is kind of relieved we have it behind us and should have some limited form of immunity for a bit but these lingering issues are a little worrisome.

Look at the ME/CFS community, those of us with that diagnosis have been watching the residual effects of COVID for a while. Nearly 100% of us can pin point our ME/CFS problems began after infection from mononucleosis, many have been dealing with it for decades with doctors unable to do anything. I contracted it in about 1985 and if you looked up "yuppie flu" you'd find it was a particularly bad time for mono infections. Many are bed bound, myself I spent a ton of time in bed, but I'm a hard ass mother fucker who'd rather die then be held down so I'm fighting on.

Look at the ME/CFS community, those of us with that diagnosis have been watching the residual effects of COVID for a while. Nearly 100% of us can pin point our ME/CFS problems began after infection from mononucleosis, many have been dealing with it for decades with doctors unable to do anything. I contracted it in about 1985 and if you looked up "yuppie flu" you'd find it was a particularly bad time for mono infections. Many are bed bound, myself I spent a ton of time in bed, but I'm a hard ass mother fucker who'd rather die then be held down so I'm fighting on.

The fatigue part of covid is a real thing too. I was sleeping 18+ hours a day for several days. You would think after sleeping most of a day the next day you'd have trouble getting to sleep but that was not an issue. I was sleeping constantly. I will say after I've come out of it I've actually slept better than I have in years. This whole week I've knocked out a solid 7-8 hours a night. It's been years since I've done that.

Our 17 year old neighbor caught it. Football player, kid is a fucking tank but it knocked him on his ass for 8-10 days. All he did was sleep for a week and even now weeks later “recovered”, he still has a hard time some days.

My MIL had it also, she’s 60ish with COPD. Landed her in the ICU for over a week, luckily she never had to go on a vent. She’s been out of the hospital for a couple weeks now but can’t go more than a few hours without oxygen. She will wander around her apartment for 15-30 minutes at a time and rest, wander again for 15-30, rest. She can’t even make it to her mailbox now without having to get help back to her apartment. Before COVID she was out shopping, visiting people and nothing would hold her back.

The fatigue part of covid is a real thing too. I was sleeping 18+ hours a day for several days. You would think after sleeping most of a day the next day you'd have trouble getting to sleep but that was not an issue. I was sleeping constantly. I will say after I've come out of it I've actually slept better than I have in years. This whole week I've knocked out a solid 7-8 hours a night. It's been years since I've done that.
I had been blaming my fatigue on being old (38) and fat, but I'm really wondering now. We had Covid in late July, and while I was only hot hard for about 3 days, the fatigue was ridiculous. I walk a lot of stairs at work, as when I get called the elevator is broken.

Buildings I've walked a dozen times with my tool backpack, exhaust me now. I have really been struggling to get any intensity in my workouts, it's frustrating.

I'm determined to get it back, and looking into anti-inflammatory supplements for brain and heart.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I have really been struggling to get any intensity in my workouts, it's frustrating.

I'm determined to get it back, and looking into anti-inflammatory supplements for brain and heart.

Have you tried and 21 day intermittent fast? When your body is off or stuck, fasting can be what's needed to break through. I do about 4 fasts a year. I'm 10 days into one right now, with a 5 hour eat window. It's pretty great the feeling, mental clarity and focus that I have noticed in doing these. Inflammation should see improvement too.

Have you tried and 21 day intermittent fast? When your body is off or stuck, fasting can be what's needed to break through. I do about 4 fasts a year. I'm 10 days into one right now, with a 5 hour eat window. It's pretty great the feeling, mental clarity and focus that I have noticed in doing these. Inflammation should see improvement too.
I've done daily fasting, like eating nothing from 8pm to noon. What are your fasts like?

Juice fasting, water fasting, intermittent fasting and a generally Keto diet has seriously changed my life. I sleep like a rock and wake up alert. All my gut issues are now gone. No more diarrhea after every meal. No more seriously debilitating acid reflux. No more pills trying control these issues. In fact I am pill free aside from vitamins and probiotics.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

I've done daily fasting, like eating nothing from 8pm to noon. What are your fasts like?

By doing intermittent fasting over a 21 day or more period, what it does for your body is just too much for me to write up here. I drink about a gallon of water a day and eat what I need to that is clean, from 1pm-6pm. Best book I have read that makes since and tells it in a real life, for me, way is this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0062684078/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Juice fasting, water fasting, intermittent fasting and a generally Keto diet has seriously changed my life. I sleep like a rock and wake up alert. All my gut issues are now gone. No more diarrhea after every meal. No more seriously debilitating acid reflux. No more pills trying control these issues. In fact I am pill free aside from vitamins and probiotics.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

Not trying to thread jack this and turn it into fasting and eating habits, but it really is overlooked by so many in treatment. All my main course for, I killed it or bought it from a butcher that I trust the source. All the sides, my wife sources those from what she trusts. Real food make you feel real good. Love hearing someone say issues they were having are gone when they started eating like a caveman. Congrats to you, Exodu.

Not trying to thread jack this and turn it into fasting and eating habits, but....

This thread needs it.

For just over 2 years I've changed up my diet and life a LOT. Just about to finish up a 2 year course in nutritional medicine and learned a ton of good stuff. However, most of it is related to understanding what your body is telling you.

I am on a 8/16 eating/fasting window. Occasionally my body will push me to a 10/14 but overall I've found my zone. IMO key is to listen to what your body is telling you. Sleep wise, I'm up just about every day by 5am waking on my own. Today, 5:30 but I spent yesterday on a detail and need a bit more sleep. I was out by 9:30pm and while that seems early to may, it was what my body wanted.

Couple key points that will help a lot of people.

WATER: We hear it a lot, drink water. I have coffee in the morning and some in the afternoon (not good on many levels) but it's my vice, but otherwise, I drink nothing but plain water.

SLEEP: Get plenty. If you're body begins signlally that you're tired, go to bed. Don't look at the clock and determine you need to stay up and binge watch trash because it's only 9pm. Sleep. Likewise, wake up on your own. If you're up to piss, different story, but if you wake up and don't pretty much fall back to sleep, you've likely hit the window and are ready to get up. It will take about 2 weeks to adjust. When I first started I was up anywhere from 3:30 to 6am and my body finally settled on about 5am. Sometimes 4:30. Crazy as it sounds, it's perfect. I get a shit-ton done in the am with no one interrupting me.

FOOD: Try the fasting window thing. Kitchen in our house closes at 7pm. No exceptions. None. Don't eat the next morning until your body tells you you're hungry. If you wake at 5am you might not eat until 9 to 11am. That's my window. If I have to be somewhere but haven't eaten because I'm not hungry, I take something with me.

From there, the key is to consume all your food in an 8hr window. Maybe 9-10 if you have to stretch it while you adjust. Key again though, don't eat until you're hungry. Sometimes that means you're not eating lunch a the typical 12-1pm hour. That's okay. I ate lunch yesterday at 3pm. 7pm was my "close" time so I just didn't eat as much thus allowing me to not feel too full.

If you find yourself hungry between meals it's NOT snack time, it means you ate too little and/or not the right stuff (fiber), complex carbs, and need to adjust your intake amount. So long as you're not eating processed crap and the wrong stuff, you'll drop lbs like crazy and feel awesome.

We're still in covid, take the time to get up early and take an online college course and study something fun and useful. It's changed my life.

I had been blaming my fatigue on being old (38) and fat, but I'm really wondering now. We had Covid in late July, and while I was only hot hard for about 3 days, the fatigue was ridiculous. I walk a lot of stairs at work, as when I get called the elevator is broken.

Buildings I've walked a dozen times with my tool backpack, exhaust me now. I have really been struggling to get any intensity in my workouts, it's frustrating.

That doesn't surprise me. I've talked to several people that have had it and months later are still a little off one way or the other. There's definitely an age aspect and severity of infection to it. At this point I'm just thankful I didn't get the respiratory issues from it because that really worried me. I had a lung infection 2 years ago that did a number on my lungs....they haven't been the same since so I was worried. I can deal with the fatigue and brain fog....I didn't want to have to cart an oxygen tank around which is what my older brother is doing now after he got it.

So if the vaccine works so well....my grandparents nursing home supposedly has everyone 100% vaccinated with both doses, HOWEVER, they are still in lockdown. They've been unable to leave their rooms to visit others. If it works, whats the scare??

We are now at the point that the lockdown has done more harm than good IMO.

My mother is in VERY ill health due to lack of proper, continual medical care due to COVID protocols by her doctor and physical activities she needed to stay healthy. 95% chance she passes in the next 3 years, and I will always consider it "too soon" and mainly due to COVID's lockdown.

My neighbor passed due to similar circumstances. He needed iron infusions, he was unable to get them consistently, he had a heart attack about 2 weeks ago and passed. Was he in good health? No. Would COVID have taken him out had he gotten it? Possibly. Would he die without proper treatment for existing conditions? Well, the proof is in the pudding folks.

FULL DISCLAIMER since I know CR well enough. Yes I know the COVID is real, yes I know our healthcare system is "crashing", etc. I think we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg as far as the latter point goes.

Wait until people who have had no medical care for a year now start running into complications over the next few months. (That said I've been the healthiest I've ever been since I changed diet and avoided doctors unless absolutely needed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ not a conspiracy nut, just would rather try some easy and natural/cheap stuff before pumping myself full of big phrama BS)

So if the vaccine works so well....my grandparents nursing home supposedly has everyone 100% vaccinated with both doses, HOWEVER, they are still in lockdown. They've been unable to leave their rooms to visit others. If it works, whats the scare??

C'mon man... The vaccine is not effective as soon as the second dose is administered, it's something like 30-60 days after if I recall, and it surely varies between which vaccine was used. The effectiveness of a vaccine (separate from the quality/design/makeup of the vaccine itself) is dependent on the quality of the patient's immune system. I feel confident in saying old folks in nursing homes are not typically at the apex of immune response.

All that said, nobody's going to open up the doors on the old folks for visitation as soon as they're all vaccinated.

We are now at the point that the lockdown has done more harm than good IMO.

My mother is in VERY ill health due to lack of proper, continual medical care due to COVID protocols by her doctor and physical activities she needed to stay healthy. 95% chance she passes in the next 3 years, and I will always consider it "too soon" and mainly due to COVID's lockdown.

My neighbor passed due to similar circumstances. He needed iron infusions, he was unable to get them consistently, he had a heart attack about 2 weeks ago and passed. Was he in good health? No. Would COVID have taken him out had he gotten it? Possibly. Would he die without proper treatment for existing conditions? Well, the proof is in the pudding folks.

FULL DISCLAIMER since I know CR well enough. Yes I know the COVID is real, yes I know our healthcare system is "crashing", etc. I think we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg as far as the latter point goes.

Wait until people who have had no medical care for a year now start running into complications over the next few months. (That said I've been the healthiest I've ever been since I changed diet and avoided doctors unless absolutely needed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ not a conspiracy nut, just would rather try some easy and natural/cheap stuff before pumping myself full of big phrama BS)

There is a lot of collateral damage from COVID, and some that's probably not even understood yet. It's a sad situation, for sure.

For months they have been warning about a second pandemic as a result of COVID: cancer. Over last year cancer diagnosis rates were way down, and it's not because they think fewer people got cancer. The result will be a wave of cancer diagnosed in later stages.

Not knowing anything about the nursing home situation I'll ask a few questions; are they following state restrictions or is this the policy of that specific nursing home? How long ago did they finish giving the second doses?

If it's a state restriction, it's possible not every nursing home in the state has completed their vaccinations, but the state should be modifying their rules because of this situation.

CDC says it could take 2 weeks after the second dose to achieve immunity. If they just finished giving the shots they may be waiting for this time period before relaxing restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That doesn't surprise me. I've talked to several people that have had it and months later are still a little off one way or the other. There's definitely an age aspect and severity of infection to it. At this point I'm just thankful I didn't get the respiratory issues from it because that really worried me. I had a lung infection 2 years ago that did a number on my lungs....they haven't been the same since so I was worried. I can deal with the fatigue and brain fog....I didn't want to have to cart an oxygen tank around which is what my older brother is doing now after he got it.

I had it and struggle constantly. I have a hard time breathing, and I can feel my heart rate change, in a bad way, 3-4 times per week. I need to go get checked out.

They are saying that Post-Covid patients, even those who were asymptomatic, have serious long-term scar tissue damage to the lungs.

Links:

Johns Hopkins: What Coronavirus Does to the Lungs

CBS News:Post-COVID lungs worse than the worst smokers' lungs, surgeon says