Protest

Forrest Gump 9

So since they are independent now they issued their own IDs already? Also where are they getting water, electric, and food to support this independence?

Wait till a fire starts and see how independent they want to be.

It feels very much like children playing revolutionaries. Since there appears to be an open dialog my guess is that the city will make some empty promises and the situation will diffuse. We can hope, at least.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since they are independent now they issued their own IDs already? Also where are they getting water, electric, and food to support this independence?

Wait till a fire starts and see how independent they want to be.

Why do they need IDs and borders? It's almost like they're trying to keep people out for some reason.

It's such a fucked situation and no matter what you say or what your opinion is you're going to piss somebody off, which is fine in my book.

There needs to be reform of law enforcement in certain areas and bad cops need to be rooted out. That's 100% non-negotiable in my mine, but we can't punish all cops.

Being in law enforcement is a tough job, you're held to a high standard and expected to make the right call in terrible situations while trying to stay safe yourself.

On the flip side there need to be some serious social reforms made and issues addressed that cause these negative experiences some have with law enforcement. That's the hard part, people just want to blame cops for everything.

I've seen more than my fair share of friends get their asses BEAT by the cops. Was it over the top, in some cases yeah, but they brought it on themselves by THEIR actions. How is it possible they got their ass whipped and I walked away? It was all about the choices we made and how we reacted to the situation.

The irony of the whole situation is uncanny. They call for equality and non-discrimination but they are doing the exactly same thing to a different group of people.

As far as the police goes, I’m sure you don’t one to piss off the people who there to protect you in case of shit happened, and another big reason not to piss them off is they carry guns and know how to used them. This whole shit show is just another distraction

complains about injust towards his race.... then rants about "you" killed him when not happy about a white persons comment. ..... irony. Has a career built on a tv platform that isn't black owned, gets wealthy from sales from all races, and now wants to vent. Dave is a very smart guy and done alot of shows, but hasn't been the same since he left commedy central when he was happy about a contract.

hundreds of thousands protesting in the streets the last 2 1/2 weeks with little to no regard for social distancing and not a peep from the media about how this could spike the virus.

But Trump holding a (rally) protest in Jacksonville is all the sudden not okay? The fucks wrong with people. The world doesn't revolve around the left agenda no matter how favorable the media is and how vocal celebs are.

hundreds of thousands protesting in the streets the last 2 1/2 weeks with little to no regard for social distancing and not a peep from the media about how this could spike the virus.

But Trump holding a (rally) protest in Jacksonville is all the sudden not okay? The fucks wrong with people. The world doesn't revolve around the left agenda no matter how favorable the media is and how vocal celebs are.

Trump rally go-ers mostly wearing masks or mostly not wearing masks?

Also, what media are you enjoying that's not talking about the potential for protests to cause viral spread? I've heard many peeps.

I've seen articles that are saying "Trump will blame the protests for a spike in Coronavirus cases, but it's actually him opening the country that's spreading it". I'm just tired of seeing everyone point their fingers at the president but there are so many more that play a role in these things including those complaining that likely will be out and about as soon as places open.

complains about injust towards his race.... then rants about "you" killed him when not happy about a white persons comment. ..... irony. Has a career built on a tv platform that isn't black owned, gets wealthy from sales from all races, and now wants to vent. Dave is a very smart guy and done alot of shows, but hasn't been the same since he left commedy central when he was happy about a contract.

You should probably study more about him, why he left, watch his full and more recent sets, and learn more about what he's done behind the scenes.

You should probably study more about him, why he left, watch his full and more recent sets, and learn more about what he's done behind the scenes.

Just go talk to him. He hangs in Xenia and is a cool dude if you catch him out and about.

What is CRs opinions on Candace Owens? She is obviously very intelligent/educated and really seems to make some good points. I understand where the black communities doubts in her come from, and I think she loses them with her defense of Trump.

She really seems to present some interesting points/facts on issues deeper than police violence.

I don't expect you to watch the full hour, there are several videos on YouTube of the interesting clips.

She says things people want to hear.
As in gaining favor with the right? Not arguing, just clarifying, as I don't know much about her.

I have just heard her say some things lately that support my belief that there is a much deeper systemic socioeconomic issue that needs to be dealt with instead of vilifying all police. There are bad cops, but let's address the reason many cops/people view black people the way they do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

As in gaining favor with the right? Not arguing, just clarifying, as I don't know much about her.

I mean this:

I have just heard her say some things lately that support my belief

That is, she's telling you things that you want to hear.

Which is, you know, whatever, if all you're looking for is someone to say what you want so you can nod along that's fine, or if you think she puts things into words in a way that you enjoy, there's certainly a place for that. But who is she other than a pundit? She's a (checks wikipedia) college journalism dropout who worked some odd jobs before wading into internet punditry and signing on with Charlie Kirk's little tribe. She's got no real qualifications or talent other than self-promotion as far as I know, which isn't meant to be an appeal to (lack of) authority, but I think if you don't already agree with what she's saying she's not exactly compelling.

anyone else see the CHAZ Warlord "Raz Simone" passing out AK's from the back of his Tesla? You cant make this shit up.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CjXPr_1592238954

It's almost like you are saying there should be some sort of law or control to prevent this. Maybe some kind of Gun....control....I dunno...

read this, or don't I don't care:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2020/06/14/meet-raz-simone-the-alleged-warlord-of-the-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone/#34b1d9e3523f

...but let's address the reason many cops/people view black people the way they do.

Could you clarify what kind of racist bullshit you are implying here?

Maybe the fact that black dudes commit more than half the crime in the entire country and only make up 12% of the population.. or are facts racist?

Maybe the fact that black dudes commit more than half the crime in the entire country and only make up 12% of the population.. or are facts racist?

Very deep societal reasons for this. I agree with reforming the police as they currently function and have never trusted them but that might be my Irish showing.

I live in the south in a predominantly black and poor neighborhood but I tell you I've never been around better neighbors anywhere even when I lived back on the family farm with 8 aunts and uncles one the same road.

I don't have any answers but I'm part of the solution, we moved here by choice have professional careers and don't see people by color but by actions. I try to be a good neighbor, I check on everyone during the hurricanes, take care of my neighbors any time they need something and they take care of me.