Protest

Forrest Gump 9

Could you clarify what kind of racist bullshit you are implying here?
Hahahaha, did you even read any of the paragraph before that sentence, or the conversation up to now? I just said that there are much bigger socioeconomic disparities that need to be dealt with and that lead into these issues.

The fact that you think I'm a racist is laughable and points to either an issue with you seeing only what you want to (not accusing you), or more likely another broad issue of 90% of the communication happening through social media where there is no implied tone or ability to clarify before things are blown up.

I'm all for helping the black community, but as I stated I'm not educated on these issues and unsure of an obvious and logical way to go about that on a broad scale.

Most times the reason I enter these threads is to read others opinions/information on the subject and even ask questions about things I've heard/seen elsewhere. Greg (and others) usually replies with an informative, if unintentionally condescending at times, bit of info or sources that I take into account when forming my own opinions.

It's interesting to hear what locals from both sides with similar interests have to say.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha, did you even read any of the paragraph before that sentence, or the conversation up to now? I just said that there are much bigger socioeconomic disparities that need to be dealt with and that lead into these issues.

The fact that you think I'm a racist is laughable and points to either an issue with you seeing only what you want to (not accusing you), or more likely another broad issue of 90% of the communication happening through social media where there is no implied tone or ability to clarify before things are blown up.

I'm all for helping the black community, but as I stated I'm not educated on these issues and unsure of an obvious and logical way to go about that on a broad scale.

Most times the reason I enter these threads is to read others opinions/information on the subject and even ask questions about things I've heard/seen elsewhere. Greg (and others) usually replies with an informative, if unintentionally condescending at times, bit of info or sources that I take into account when forming my own opinions.

It's interesting to hear what locals from both sides with similar interests have to say.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That's exactly what a racist would say....

I asked you to clairify what you mean, which you didn't. I would advise you reread what I said which was asking you to clairify. You just had a knee jerk reaction to me saying what you said sounded racist and put words into my mount saying that you were a racist. Since you didn't ask me to clairify like I asked you to clairify it doesn't really seem like you want the dialouge you are saying you do. What I read of what you said sounded racist. There is a difference between an unintentional racist idea and being full blown KKK bruning crosses in front yards racist, everything is on a spectrum. If you are saying what I think you are saying, you might even be trying to understand and help, but what I think you are saying is racist. Intention only get's you so far, not very far if you have the right intention with the wrong idea. So, what did you mean, exactly?

I'm going to be crystal clear about another point. There is absoutely no moral obligation to engage in dialouge with those counter to the arc of the moral universe; racist, sexist, and the like.

It's almost like you are saying there should be some sort of law or control to prevent this. Maybe some kind of Gun....control....I dunno...

read this, or don't I don't care:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/2020/06/14/meet-raz-simone-the-alleged-warlord-of-the-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone/#34b1d9e3523f

Im actually all for it! They have the right to do it.

What I find ironic is that they (liberal, left in this encampment) immediately adopted the things they are fighting. Its almost like if you want to keep trouble makers from making trouble, you need some sort of deterrent. Glad we can all agree we need guns in our society, not gun "laws" and "no gun signs".

I asked you to clairify what you mean, which you didn't. I would advise you reread what I said which was asking you to clairify. You just had a knee jerk reaction to me saying what you said sounded racist and put words into my mount saying that you were a racist. Since you didn't ask me to clairify like I asked you to clairify it doesn't really seem like you want the dialouge you are saying you do. What I read of what you said sounded racist. There is a difference between an unintentional racist idea and being full blown KKK bruning crosses in front yards racist, everything is on a spectrum. If you are saying what I think you are saying, you might even be trying to understand and help, but what I think you are saying is racist. Intention only get's you so far, not very far if you have the right intention with the wrong idea. So, what did you mean, exactly?

I'm going to be crystal clear about another point. There is absoutely no moral obligation to engage in dialouge with those counter to the arc of the moral universe; racist, sexist, and the like.

lol. Go throw some bricks at an evil corporate building, eat a snickers, and calm down.

Please stay away from the downtown Columbus area today. Protesters are blocking high street and Broad as we speak.

Did you know these protests are a COVID free environment? It's like a miracle or something, like I just want to go so I can be a part of this!

Why can democrats gather in 10's/100's of thousands for weeks on end...every day....but Trump cant hold an organized rally complete with hand sanitizer and masks if you choose to wear? This makes no sense.

I saw few, if any on the left being critical of the spread with all the protests, but all the sudden every major news site says by trump doing this he will personally be responsible for the spike in cases and deaths.

:yuno: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??!!!! YOUR BIAS IS DRIPPING OFF YOUR GOD DAMN FACE!

Why can democrats gather in 10's/100's of thousands for weeks on end...every day....but Trump cant hold an organized rally complete with hand sanitizer and masks if you choose to wear? This makes no sense.

I saw few, if any on the left being critical of the spread with all the protests, but all the sudden every major news site says by trump doing this he will personally be responsible for the spike in cases and deaths.

:yuno: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??!!!! YOUR BIAS IS DRIPPING OFF YOUR GOD DAMN FACE!

Well, in a way they are “correct”

The protest, riot, and looting are mainly consist of young able bodies.

Trump rally is consist of old people that are over weight, ridden with health risk, and NRA members (guns owners are known COVID19 carriers).

You can keep repeating this all you want but it doesn't sny make it true. Get our of your news bubble.

My news bubble;

CNN

MSNBC

Fox

USA Today

WSJ

Social Media

Drudge

Tell me how that’s a bubble? Kinda wide range of spin on each side of the table.

No one on the left (relative to the reaction we have seen in the last 3-4 days) have raised the kind of concern over the protesting for the last month like they are screaming about now. It’s total bullshit and you fucking know it!

Well, in a way they are “correct”

The protest, riot, and looting are mainly consist of young able bodies.

Trump rally is consist of old people that are over weight, ridden with health risk, and NRA members (guns owners are known COVID19 carriers).

This is a stereotype that is not only silly, but short sighted. Admittedly, I’m not sure if you are serious though, so I guess I’ll just assume you are.

Panduh, passionate protests on a larger scale than we've seen in a generation is not equal to a campaign event by the incumbent.

Consider the motivation behind each. I have to assume you have, but your commentary makes me wonder about your conclusions.

Panduh, passionate protests on a larger scale than we've seen in a generation is not equal to a campaign event by the incumbent.

Consider the motivation behind each. I have to assume you have, but your commentary makes me wonder about your conclusions.

That has NOTHING to do with it.

You can’t have one, with all the justifications YOU want to apply to it and not allow the other.