West Virginia Off-Roading UTV Trip Pics

cruizin01

Had a Suzuki Samurai back in HS/College and FB Marketplace keeps tempting me with sub-$2500 Tracker/X90/Amigo/Sidekick 4x4s. I just know in current life mode I'm never going anywhere really off road.

Love seeing you guys getting out there and off-road. I enjoy "Dirt Every Day" and love seeing Wrangler/off-road modding videos.

This thing is a blast, things i think it would struggle with it just goes right through. I pulled a YXZ1000 out of a mud pit he had no business being in with it. made me feel really good about my $1900 tracker when his $19000 yamaha got stuck :D

This thing is a blast, things i think it would struggle with it just goes right through. I pulled a YXZ1000 out of a mud pit he had no business being in with it. made me feel really good about my $1900 tracker when his $19000 yamaha got stuck :D

honest question,

you think your $1900 tracker would have made it through the same hole?

Also, who cares if it wouldn't? He could leave it there and lose 4 more for the price of a $10k SxS. :lol:

That being said, his Tracker is an adorable alternative for not being able to handle a Jeep.

Kidding. Love ya gerg. You and yer giant head. Gabe.jif

I bought a 1990 geo tracker for this exact reason. This is so much fun off road, and its way cheaper than a SxS. I paid $1900 for mine, and can be found in decent shape for that price. I got a winch and changed all the fluids and have been having a blast with it on most weekends. Street legal is nice too, no need to trailer it around.

Iirc, a lot of the trails don’t allowed truck/suv.

Oh hell fucking no. It would have taken a 12" lift and 36" tires to make it through what he was trying. But I'm not dumb enough to try it without a winch either

When I used to wheel, after pulling someone out of a hole it was sorta required to rub salt in it by driving your rig back and forth in the same hole 💪

Doesn't seem like a waste of money, if it's something you like to do. Just compare it to a boat, jetski, or even a Jeep/Bronco/TJ/etc modified for trail riding. You might be able to drive the Jeep every day, but you also would feel worse about taking your $50k rig down those trails.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Exactly what i was going to say. My wife has wanted a boat for years, to me a boat is just a $25k toy (maybe more?) that will sit in her dads barn for 349 days a year. I think I could convince her on a side by side though.

Either way, they're all expensive but they're a blast. Fuck I'd love to rip around on one of those things.

I think Ive decided to hold off on buying one. The excitement has dropped even in just a few days on the thoughts of spending that kind of money for a toy that I can't take out without planning a week or 2 ahead. Id be $20k deep by the time I get what I want, buy an alumni trailer (X1 would be the hauler) and get spare wheels, tires, accessories for both.

Ill told the wife, we can go on as many trips as we want in the text couple years and if we spend more than a couple thousand a year on renting one then I think its worth buying one. I just dont believe that will happen, just because #life. It cost nearly $800/year to insure a new one plus the trailer. So I could spend that for a weekend rental and still not be in the rear.

I may still may part the BRZ out, sell it and the A3 and get into a nicer daily that could do a couple track days a year instead of having a dedicated car that sits all the time. That would clear up some space for another "project" which seems to be what Im always looking for anyway. who knows what Ill do..

I bought a really nice T100 last year and rebuilt all of the suspension and steering and did timing belt/ water pump/oil pump. We started going off roading and camping this spring on the easier trails and have worked our way up to some pretty rough ones lately. We have a blast and get to see some amazing places. Most of the mountains are public land with forestry roads everywhere. I’m planning on doing a rear locker soon because I think I’m going to need it.

I bought a really nice T100 last year and rebuilt all of the suspension and steering and did timing belt/ water pump/oil pump. We started going off roading and camping this spring on the easier trails and have worked our way up to some pretty rough ones lately. We have a blast and get to see some amazing places. Most of the mountains are public land with forestry roads everywhere. I’m planning on doing a rear locker soon because I think I’m going to need it.
Very jealous of your available off-road options. I would love to do an overlanding trip out there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Very jealous of your available off-road options. I would love to do an overlanding trip out there.

I live about 30 minutes from rampart range an off road trail area for atvs and 50” SxSs. There’s more than 100 miles of OHV trails and also quite a few jeep trails and thousands of dispersed camping spots.

We’re going to go camping with friends off of guenella pass tomorrow and then Sunday go do Argentine pass. There’s all kinds of old log cabins and mines and mills everywhere and the views are amazing. It’s basically a desert so no mud to get stuck in, but it is mostly rocks. We’re getting to where it’s all we do on the weekends.

I live about 30 minutes from rampart range an off road trail area for atvs and 50” SxSs. There’s more than 100 miles of OHV trails and also quite a few jeep trails and thousands of dispersed camping spots.

We’re going to go camping with friends off of guenella pass tomorrow and then Sunday go do Argentine pass. There’s all kinds of old log cabins and mines and mills everywhere and the views are amazing. It’s basically a desert so no mud to get stuck in, but it is mostly rocks. We’re getting to where it’s all we do on the weekends.

Wow. I am envious. Would be so cool exploring the mines and whatnot. You should start a thread with pics of the trails, ghost towns and your truck. Would be cool as hell to see it.