Injector cleaning

carl1647545492

I think Slowmotion Motorsports can also clean injectors IIRC.

I had them do my FIC 2150s and they found one that was bad and replaced it for me. I went to get tuned at TPG and they found one was sticking open, so they were sent to FIC this time to get checked. FIC called me with news that one of the 4 of my injectors was a completely random injector that wasn't theirs, so ya i have no idea what slomo replaced my bad one with, but im about to be out $300+ to make it right

Thanks Chaps Sunbury is close too.

I had them do my FIC 2150s and they found one that was bad and replaced it for me. I went to get tuned at TPG and they found one was sticking open, so they were sent to FIC this time to get checked. FIC called me with news that one of the 4 of my injectors was a completely random injector that wasn't theirs, so ya i have no idea what slomo replaced my bad one with, but im about to be out $300+ to make it right

Yeah hate that crap when 2 shops are involved they play the blame card.

Try to do everything myself first especially on a modded car even though Its painful to watch lol.

You mentioned "starting problem" but I don't know if that means the car won't start at all or if it's just not starting as it should. If the car will start and run, would it be worth it to try running some Techron in the tank before going to an injector rebuild? I had two different cars (not rotaries, though) that didn't get driven as much as they should have, and seemed to have injector issues. Techron cured both.

Cleveland Injector Hospital is great.

On the FD, do they flood like the FC's did? I had a switched realy for my (rotary) FCs that worked well.

They can bc rotary 13b 2nd gens have a rep for bad hot starts,I have been lucky until now never had a flooded start or hot start issue.

You mentioned "starting problem" but I don't know if that means the car won't start at all or if it's just not starting as it should. If the car will start and run, would it be worth it to try running some Techron in the tank before going to an injector rebuild? I had two different cars (not rotaries, though) that didn't get driven as much as they should have, and seemed to have injector issues. Techron cured both.

I did run a can of bg 44 thru it on half a tank and it seemed to cure a soft tip in with acceleration with only 50 miles dont know if it had enough miles on it to do its job.

My mind went the same place as everyone else. If you are going to take the injectors out and send/take them somewhere for cleaning, might as well also get them flow checked. That way you will know the are operating correctly and can rule them out.

Does anyone in Columbus do flow testing or just cleaning?

I had some injectors cleaned and flow test a long time ago, so it's been a while. IIRC they only checked max flow rate. Does anyone test anything in between, more normal operation area?

I'm guessing some road racers I know use this place. They seem to also at least check full closed for any leaks like you are worried about. http://www.injectorpulse.com/service-procedure/

Jessie thanks for clarifying re cleaning /flow testing as I assumed they would do both so no ?

I have used RC out of CA back in the day and were great but with all that is going on do not want to get into lots of extra downtime.

So what my next best option semi locally? Your link says there out of Virginia

I can't say for sure anyone locally doesn't flow test. I just saw everyone saying cleaning about that local places and I assumed they didn't. You would want to call them and check. Maybe someone knows of a place locally that also does flow testing.

I don't have any direct experience with the link I posted. I just see them pop up in mentions on social media occasionally in road racing circles. This is just my impression, their site seems really well put together and I like that they tell you exactly what they are going to do. It was more just an example of what I was talking about; do they test just full open, closed, any duty cycle in between?

People here seem to like and have direct experience with Cleveland Injector Hospital, with cars making a lot more power than either of us probably ever will. Sure, you probably aren't going up there just to drop injectors off, especially right now. But shipping shouldn't take too long either. It seems like the best option if someone doesn't chime in that someone in Columbus also does flow testing.

They can bc rotary 13b 2nd gens have a rep for bad hot starts,I have been lucky until now never had a flooded start or hot start issue.

If its the problem I had, cleaning the injectors will do nothing to fix it. Easy to test though... pull the fuse, crank, repeat. If it immediately starts then you will want to just put a switch on that injector circuit

I'm ohm them now 550,s converted to 850,1600 secondaries,primes look a bit crusty.

Is it possible I part cleaned them with bg44 and some crud got stuck in there? its in my head as its the only change I can think of did 2 trips about 50 miles so not a lot, I may hook up a battery and see what the spray pattern looks like.

Something isn't right, its a FD so whats new .... : P

I’d have all 4 checked and cleaned. Those converted secondaries are known to have issues over time like just sticking wide open, so don’t be too surprised if you have a bad one. Hopefully it’s something simple though and good luck.