CNC machining?

evan9381

Anyone do CNC machining? I have a small part that someone online designed. I have a friend that 3D printer it for me out of a carbon/nylon material, but it's not strong enough and starting to crack and I can't tighten down a nut/bolt tight enough. Not sure what it would run to get this made out of aluminum or something. I have the design in an .stl file.

What is it you are printing and what material? Depending on how the loads applied certain materials are better. Overall PLA+ is a very good material, very strong. My ender3 can print threads that hold up to VERY strong torquing.

There is a newer material that is PLA with aluminum powder mixed in it. I'm not sure about its qualities overall.

What is it you are printing and what material? Depending on how the loads applied certain materials are better. Overall PLA+ is a very good material, very strong. My ender3 can print threads that hold up to VERY strong torquing.

There is a newer material that is PLA with aluminum powder mixed in it. I'm not sure about its qualities overall.

It's just a mount to hold an older gopro. The guy that designed the mount said carbon infused nylon would be best and my buddy with a shop who did it for me (for free) used this material, despite me willing to take whatever I got. He used the carbon/nylon also saying it was the strongest. So I think they know best. 🤷^♂️

I don't need threads printed, the design has a cutout for a nut. It's just when I put the bolt through the 3d printed mount and gopro case, when I torque down the bolt, at a certain point the nylon starts to compress...basically I can't tighten it enough so that the camera doesn't move with just a little bit of force.

It's for a bike (bicycle)...my mount for my other bike is very secure because it's aluminum, but it's also easy to make because where it's mounted is on a common size round tube. New bike's seat post has an aero tube more shaped like a "D" so a custom mount is needed.

Here's the part for reference - https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-models/hobby-diy/other/canyon-s27-seat-post-go-pro-mount

give me the .stl and I'll do it i PLA+ for you. It is far stronger than nylon, if its just a gopro this will hold up fine as long as you aren't removing it all the time

Shoot me your email. I remove the camera to charge batteries after each ride, but I can remove it from a different bolt that won't have the 3d part off/on/off/on