Ammo Shortage

HotCarl

So a guy on my hockey team recommended a website wikiarms.com and they showed a ton of outlets with stock on the most common ammunition. I'm sure plenty of people know about this site but its the first I've heard of it and was really happy to find some companies with plain 9mm range ammo in stock.

Now i can stop calling cabelas and field and stream every week. Happy shooting fellas.

Ammo is available but its made of gold right now. Always is, every election.

Some elderly family friends just told me they bought a gun. I asked 'why now to get it?'

They said because of the election, and if Biden gets in, society falling apart, etc...

:lol: c'mon man...

I’ll just keep making my own. Other than 22, I have not shot a factory load in years.

:nod:

I'm sitting on around 1k 9mm and components to load about 4k more.

The trick to avoiding an ammo shortage, is to never be short on ammo in the first place :)

The trick to avoiding an ammo shortage, is to never be short on ammo in the first place :)

Yup...after the last 22 shortage, I decided I wouldn’t need to worry about it again. I go to LEPD and they said their range business is down considerably due to no one having ammo to shoot. It will probably be at least another year of this.

I’d be shitting bricks only having a months supply.

Yep, plain and simple. I was smart and bought right before all of this started, I had feeling shit was going to pop off.

I picked up 1K rounds of CCI 115G brass for $140 and 500 rounds of Hornady 223 55g HP for $150(ish). However I didn't shoot a match all summer due to my car project and ammo prices.

• 1 month later...

I read an article on the ammo shortage and it gave 1 reason. The article said because of covid mines shutdown which helps create the shortage.

It stated the largest , or maybe it was one of the largest, ammo suppliers in the world has a 1 billion dollar backlog of orders...YIKES

As a fact checker would say...it was partial false..lol

Edited by Mace

I read an article on the ammo shortage and it gave 1 reason. The article said because of covid mines shutdown which helps create the shortage.

It stated the largest , or maybe it was on of the largest, ammo suppliers in the world has a 1 billion dollar backlog of orders...YIKES

I have not heard anything about this. It makes sense. Can you post a link? Thanks