Garage Floor Finishing?

ec_E92

That's awesome. From what I've been looking into epoxy really is knowing what your doing with the prep work. I'm a cheap ass and DIYer so if I do any it will have to be DIY. I'm my case I have plenty of time I just have to take my time and not over exert myself with projects.

Assuming this is epoxy, are the different colors applied by masking off and painting separately like I imagine it being done? I might do something similar and start with the spots I'll park cars to help control spills and make it a project that I can do in several stages over a few weeks/months vs working my ass off.

epoxy-floor-4.jpg

That's awesome. From what I've been looking into epoxy really is knowing what your doing with the prep work. I'm a cheap ass and DIYer so if I do any it will have to be DIY. I'm my case I have plenty of time I just have to take my time and not over exert myself with projects.

Totally all about the prep work. You need a clean and porous concrete for the epoxy to bite into yielding the strong bond. Like any paint, I'm sure it could be blended and you could work in sections, just have to grind up the edges and clean your canvas first.

I had asked about if I cut up a section in the future to pour for a 2-post lift anchor and they said they could come out and patch/blend.

I'm on the schedule for week of November 16th as they have a big OSU job the following week. The week after that they're hesitant to commit to due to weather/cold affecting cure time/quality.

It is absolutely a DIY project and lots of success stories on Garage Journal. Unfortunately, it requires a significant amount of time and I have a serious lack of that.

Totally all about the prep work. You need a clean and porous concrete for the epoxy to bite into yielding the strong bond. Like any paint, I'm sure it could be blended and you could work in sections, just have to grind up the edges and clean your canvas first.

I had asked about if I cut up a section in the future to pour for a 2-post lift anchor and they said they could come out and patch/blend.

I'm on the schedule for week of November 16th as they have a big OSU job the following week. The week after that they're hesitant to commit to due to weather/cold affecting cure time/quality.

It is absolutely a DIY project and lots of success stories on Garage Journal. Unfortunately, it requires a significant amount of time and I have a serious lack of that.

Looking forward to seeing it.

• 2 months later...

Long overdue update...

After some delays with house closing, weather and schedule, I finally had the floor put in early December! Took a week to cure due to the cold weather (didn’t have garage heater installed yet). Really pleased with it. To save cost I’m painting the stem walls in matching paint. Garage heater is now up and running and getting LED lighting setup as the previous 3 T8 fluorescent fixtures weren’t cutting it. To celebrate my wife got me a mop and a bucket [emoji1787]

d98c63f7363ad988b36063a7edd98e53.jpg1ba6bc89c9f3f91bff13443ba30c0b80.jpg10b9064f3cdb87e0433e7cd771ce6465.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Any updates Eric? I know Tim just had his done. I'll probably be looking to do this end of this year and curious what people were happy/sad with. Also curious if there was anyone on here that used the Rust-Oleum Rocksolid product?

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-293513-Polycuramine-Garage-Floor/dp/B06XJ17JVD/

I had a quote done by 1 Day Flooring and was really happy with the number and quality of their work. I didn't pull the trigger as we were on the fence about moving.

Greg, their work is significantly cheaper on new concrete. I would skip the work and have them do it. I'll be having the new pad done by them.

I ended up thinking about and researching it for months and decided that I'm gonna use the garage and any floor I do is gonna get damaged over time for sure so I cheaped out and rolled on a natural look sealer. Worked out fine and oil spills have already been wiped up easily so I'm happy.

Contractor gave me another new date for concrete (3rd so far), so we'll see if it happens tomorrow. It's definitely the part I'm most concerned with being correct.

Trying to decide what coating to go with, I'd love something cool like a metallic epoxy, but clear or even racedeck is probably more sensible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Contractor gave me another new date for concrete (3rd so far), so we'll see if it happens tomorrow. It's definitely the part I'm most concerned with being correct.

Trying to decide what coating to go with, I'd love something cool like a metallic epoxy, but clear or even racedeck is probably more sensible.

I'll message you as if you haven't already seen it, I had a Polyaspartic floor completed.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

0a81067ae788afb7ed0214a27ec1f934.jpgbd5fad7fba004324ef5b7c4d53047442.jpg60fbff5635d9887dbfd7e3f718d42d26.jpgb96d8313ee8acac3c36d7adbad6b93f4.jpgcc8f84ec2c19e1a53d14fa15ea005b97.jpg66459ff9b41a9fb75c6d9e76afeed303.jpg

I'll message you as if you haven't already seen it, I had a Polyaspartic floor completed.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

0a81067ae788afb7ed0214a27ec1f934.jpgbd5fad7fba004324ef5b7c4d53047442.jpg60fbff5635d9887dbfd7e3f718d42d26.jpgb96d8313ee8acac3c36d7adbad6b93f4.jpgcc8f84ec2c19e1a53d14fa15ea005b97.jpg66459ff9b41a9fb75c6d9e76afeed303.jpg

Hours definitely looks great Tim, I have definitely not written off this approach. I really can't decide between fancy and utility, lol

I plan to really work on things, weld, etc.. but man does this look cool:

0827a4418c18a1fedd979c748a1212d6.jpga4be42bc3001e50f98a942372d881813.jpg

That’s what I have in mine and have been pretty happy with it so far. I’m having a garage sale all weekend and have been getting countless compliments and inquiries about it.
Racedeck? That's what I'm doing in my attached garage. Did you do vented or solid?

I'm going with epoxy or sealer in the shop.