SSC TUATARA hits 331mph

Benner

As I watch it again, I think about how I'll never own a car that goes that fast. Then I'm also thinking about people that spend $100k's, $millions to go kinda that fast...

I would legit pay real money to sit in the passenger seat while someone puts on a run like this. Set up the car for my 225-230lbs (dressed ;)) weight in the pass seat, I'll sign a waiver, and awaaAAAAAAYYYY WE GO...:burnout:

I would legit pay real money to sit in the passenger seat while someone puts on a run like this. Set up the car for my 225-230lbs (dressed ;)) weight in the pass seat, I'll sign a waiver, and awaaAAAAAAYYYY WE GO...:burnout:

Or you can buy a turbocharged Busa, a race suit, and go out to a Land speed event. you won't hit 300mph but you'll be mid 200s on your own. could probably do it for under $10K too. That said, I've been 200mph on an R1 on the street and I'll probably never do that again out of sheer fright and the wisdom that comes with old age.

Check out the tach when it hit 331. It's gear limited! That's got a 340-350 in it. Probably a little extra in it in case Koenigsegg swings back.

Article said he backed off do to crosswind. Covered the last 20mph in about 5 seconds. I feel like a calm day it's got 340-350 in it.

As I watch it again, I think about how I'll never own a car that goes that fast. Then I'm also thinking about people that spend $100k's, $millions to go kinda that fast...

Add dad, Kev, and I, just so it's like the Tesla ride.

I like how at ~100 he's like, "check this strap. Good. Check that strap. Good." Just so calm looking. Also watching the wind down I bet after hitting 331 200 was just like, "ok. We're almost stopped now. Just...breathe."

Or you can buy a turbocharged Busa, a race suit, and go out to a Land speed event. you won't hit 300mph but you'll be mid 200s on your own. could probably do it for under $10K too. That said, I've been 200mph on an R1 on the street and I'll probably never do that again out of sheer fright and the wisdom that comes with old age.

I have been 200+ in several different cars and bikes (some did not end so well, LOL) but I can tell you it's just different in a car. For me at least, 200+ on 4 wheels feels sketchier than 2. On a bike, anything past 160 is just more wind noise to me. I think mentally, you already think "If I go down, I'm dead anyway" so 180, 200, 220, it's all the same. There is much more mental commitment to do it in a car.

This SSC amazing for its aerodynamics more than its power IMO. Power is easy to make these days, but to have a streetcar that stable at speed is remarkable

Check out the tach when it hit 331. It's gear limited! That's got a 340-350 in it. Probably a little extra in it in case Koenigsegg swings back.
He said he didn't even shift into top gear...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fake!

This guy isn’t the best watch, but he really picks the run apart.

The big part for me is the gearing numbers that don’t add up.

I'm going agree with you. Numbers don't lie. He makes a very good case.

It'll be interesting to see how they react to this information. Will they fight it with math of their own? Admit their telemetry was wrong? Ignore this completely?