Shop building questions, must haves, not worth its, etc...

cstmg8

I've decided that if I catch up to him and his work is holding me up he's fires and I'll finish it.

He probably wants to get out of it so he’s keeping you a low priority until you drop him. Edit: that way it’s on you not him. Contractors are useless anymore always chasing the more profitable job around the corner over fulfilling obligations they’ve already agreed to.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably wants to get out of it so he’s keeping you a low priority until you drop him. Edit: that way it’s on you not him. Contractors are useless anymore always chasing the more profitable job around the corner over fulfilling obligations they’ve already agreed to.
Could definitely be the case, but honestly this guy is just a complete idiot. Has some carpentry skills, but can't run a business and is completely full of shit.

The only thing that has kept me from firing him is his friendship with the township inspector (of course, right?). As soon as his last inspection is over, I'm going to demand an itemized bill with materials and hours for his last draw.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like your doing fine without him. I get a ton of jobs here in quick IT contract work simply because I show up and get the job done. I've never cancelled and never been late to anything, always early, finish ahead of schedule, and I run the business side properly.

So many times I get stuff as "emergency" because the last guy didn't show up or got in over his head and just walked.

Could definitely be the case, but honestly this guy is just a complete idiot. Has some carpentry skills, but can't run a business and is completely full of shit.

The only thing that has kept me from firing him is his friendship with the township inspector (of course, right?). As soon as his last inspection is over, I'm going to demand an itemized bill with materials and hours for his last draw.

I’d start there, and documenting everything in an itemized format. He’ll likely realize what’s going on and where it’s heading. That should either force him to finish or own up and he’ll get screwed on the final.

Couldn't decide about putting a window in. Glad I did, it feels much less cold/sterile. I need to trim a few branches, but I foresee a lot of wasted time staring at this view [emoji1787].

f9c61a3cb74e1aa3dd8f638a4a92cc9f.jpg

Edited by cstmg8

Trying to make evening use of the lift while the contractor has it here for the roof. Made a bit of gable progress tonight, at least gives an idea of what the finished product will look like.55ea1247c1b0384d27f0c2a95c47a2f3.jpg

• 1 month later...

Small update, but the never ending garage is getting closer. Cement work is finished and I got most of the front Lap siding on yesterday. Garage doors are still on backorder for Sep 20. I'm going to order the tongue and groove pine for some of the interior and get going on the insulation.18fa97d39a1b4b96259bc06e7456561c.jpg

Looking great! Sucks doors are back ordered, but your getting it done. Insulation will keep you busy and itchy for a little while;-) been way too busy this summer and then it gets way to hot to work outside here so I haven't done anything else to mine since getting electric and some work areas done. I'll get back to it once the first few hurricanes push the cooler weather in. I measured the inside temp at 136 when it's 95 outside and I'll fix that with ridgid insulation board over winter.