Jump boxes

STEVE-O

Anyone have good experience with a sub $100 jump box ?

Just looking for something to keep in the garage for the just in case times when a battery might be dead and no other car around to jump start a dead battery

It’s been a while since I have needed one but looking to get a couple as holiday gifts

In my experience, the batteries shit themselves before I ever really need it so now I just use my tractor battery. Usually the built in charger isn’t very good so the batteries tend to fail rather quick. If you get one that has an external charger, swap it out for a good automatic tender and it’ll last longer. They usually only contain a simple sealed lead acid though some of the later ones are lithium. Either way, the chargers are usually cheap crap and kill them in short order.

Edit: http://www.alpharubicon.com/elect/batboxhaystack.htm

My wife’s car loves to drain the battery and not start if it sits for even a couple days. We’ve had this model for about a year and it’s worked well for us.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GR17R3X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this as well. It works good. And gets a lot of jumps on one charge. It’s compact also.

I'ml late to the game but here:

https://www.bestreviews.guide/jump-starters?&origin=google&google_params[matchtype]=b&google_params[network]=g&google_params[device]=c&google_params[creative]=476887923720&google_params[keyword]=&google_params[adposition]=&google_params[adgroupid]=109962691085&google_params[campaignid]=11125964291&bs=&google_params[feeditemid]=&google_params[targetid]=dsa-981381242611&google_params[loc_interest_ms]=&google_params[loc_physical_ms]=9014930&google_params[devicemodel]=&google_params[target]=&new_api=true&dest=0&sys_id=0|903&gclid=Cj0KCQiAqo3-BRDoARIsAE5vnaLBre455mcWEMCotOlg2XRmFt1epH3jVZ3EliBENG_Y7LBMnrdDUmkaAsZ8EALw_wcB

My battery dies if I let the maro sit a few days. I try hooking it up to the tender but sometimes I forget over the Summer when I drive it relatively often. With this plugged in it starts right up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015TKUPIC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

edit: You can also charge your phone with it over long camping weekends or whatever, so there's that.

Edited by Not Brian

I was curious so I took at look at this one. I see:

It's easily rechargeable from any powered USB port in 3 hours at

What if you use it only once a year. Can these type of units fail?

I have the WooLoo, 2 of them. I keep one in the boat and one in the wife's car. Has saved our cousins when their boat battery dies on the water. And we have helped someone with a dead battery in a parking lot. Super handy and good to know you have a quick fix with you.

I know you already bought one but just to put other options out there... Not the same stylings but we used to beat the daylights out of these jumping hundreds of cars and they always did I pretty good job

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/SORES5000?partTypeName=Battery+Booster+Pack&keywordInput=jump+starter

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Late as well... The 2 AAA guys that I had contact with in the past few months (two different people I was helping with my AAA membership) were using this one and recommended it: Booster PAC ES5000 1500 Peak Amp 12V Jump Starter

Found it on Amazon for ~$135 and it seems to be great. Used it once to try it out and am working on finding a place to store it so it isn't dead the next time I need it. :)

• 2 months later...

Bumpers, had been meaning to replace the backup/jump battery and rechargeables. Old ones were, well, old and not working as well as they should. Cheap jump box never worked that well for jumping cars. I also don't have the line for the backup generator hooked back up yet. Snow and ice brought needing good battery-backup to the forefront of my mind.

Thanks for the earlier vid Mitch! I got the Imazing, seemed like a little more capability than the GooLoo2000 and was on some cheaper deal on Amazon a few days ago. Will let everyone know how it seems, though I doubt/hope we won't need for any cars soon. Batteries in the cars seems solid for now, main 2 cars get started often enough too and the S2k stays on a trickle charger when parked.

I got the Panasonic Enelope charger and Amazon Basic AA and AAA rechargeables after some light research if anyone is also thinking about this area too.