NCAA Football 2014 Xbox 360

jerrodh

What's the hype?

Didn't know myself, so I had to look it up. Think this explains it pretty clearly. Interesting.

https://www.bannersociety.com/2020/5/13/21257660/ncaa-football-2014-ea-sports-video-game-ebay-resale-prices

Football gaming has gone downhill since EA got the exclusive license back in 2006. The last really good football games were made in the mid 2000s. The first several years of football games on the 360/PS3 were absolute trash. They finally got decent again around 2012-2014. It just so happens that the last college football game they made ('14) was the best all around football game EA has made in the last 15 years.

On the current systems, Madden NFL is the only option and they have completely phoned it in. The game barely changes from year to year and lacks many of the features from the older games. They only care about DLC (Madden Ultimate Team) so they market the game to kids who don't know any better.

Long story short, if you want to play a really good college football game with decent graphics, NCAA '14 is the best option. But at those prices? LOL. I would opt for NCAA '13 which is 90% as good, and only 20% of the price

Yep article & Posts are correct. Haha I went to ebay thinking I'd pick up the title for $10-$15 shipped was obviously surprised hahahahaha.

Wonder how many I passed by over the years. Hell gamestop used to sell these for $5 for awhile I'm sure.

I did a little research, and there's some folks who have figured out how to mod the game. Not just updated rosters and coaches, but updated schools/conferences, uniforms, logos, records/stats, menu art, all kinds of stuff. They are working on a way to get the playoff into the dynasty mode to replace the BCS.

I found all of this intriguing enough to buy a modded 360 so I can play the modded game. So, thanks for this thread I guess :lol:

You all can thank me for starting this topic and bitching about the insane topics. I take full credit for EA starting the series again. :dumb: