Reddit and Gme

Forrest Gump 9

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The irony is the banks/investors complaining about this. Bitch please, you've been influencing stuff for how long? They're just bitter because they got the smoke off their own game.

Thats whats really hilarious, someone described it as "STOP THE COUNT" but for stock trading.

uno-reverse-card-meme-512x512.png

Inform the CR crowd... what are they doing?

From Mitch:

here, I speak steve. These fund managers sell stock they don't have, at the current price, say 20 bucks.

New [27-01, 20:15] Mitch they have to be able to back up the fake shares they sell at a certain date. They are betting that on that date the stock will have fallen.

New [27-01, 20:16] Mitch They can buy the stock at the price it fell to, say 15 and they make 5 on each share, even though the stock fell.

New [27-01, 20:19] Mitch a brick and mortar retail store thats dying is a safe bet in their eyes.

New [27-01, 20:21] Mitch If something happens and the stock rises, those managers still have to buy it and take it as a loss.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Etrade and Robinhood just banned people from buying those stocks for now.

But yeah I jumped on GME. It's crazy that a bunch of bored people Reddit managed to bankrupt a hedge fund.

etrade banned GME? you sure about that?

that's the condensed version of the short sale, as I understand it, I may be incorrect.

Pretty much... I make 60-65% of my trades as shorts, its risky to hold very long, but I'm usually in/out in 15 minutes. The sad part is I leave some unsuspecting noob holding the bag so watch out.

It seems like the big boys are pissed about what happen lately due to some mass trading via Robinhood, etc however they do have a good case because anytime I see a stock rise to quickly its a perfect signal for me to get in and short and profit is all but guaranteed when you see something move to far to fast beyond a moving average.

Some of you made some good profit on some things lately, but remember to take the profit, some people got in a little late and will not realize it until they are down 50-80%, thats part of what they try to prevent by stopping trading. No one wants in the news the thousands of people who lost a ton bitching about how unfair the market is. That would cause people like our senators to get involved and make rules to prevent it and that would suck and you better believe the game would get rigged in favor of the companies.

As I said my trades are in/out in 15 minutes which mostly eliminates risk, but also you don't get huge gains, but thats not my goal, I watch who's up for the start of the session and watch until around 10-11:00am. Usually if a stock is up 2-3% above its usual trading range, ie 15DMA and its also been trending down over a 100DMA then its actually in a down trend with a slight bump for the day. Its best to do it with stocks you've been watching for a few weeks so that you've gotten the feel for their normal behavior, but it could be done with just about anything except the risk goes up as you are trading the unknown.

I do this to grab a 0.5-1.5% profit, I haven't gotten to do it often lately I've been focused on my business and getting well, I've been telling my wife I need to get back in to it fulltime.

I use the TD Think or Swim platform and have it all dialed into how I trade, if you don't use it, you should get it and learn it. Its extremely powerful and pretty much the best beyond getting into coding and learning something like Tradestation to get extremely serious.

Had an order in for GME, Robinhood cancelled it when the market opened. They are now blocking GME, AMC, NOK, BB, and others. Absolute fucking bullshit.

Fidelity and Etrade are still allowing buys if you want to open an account and buy at half off!!

I definitely see Robin hood losing a TON of accounts over this BS