Reddit and Gme

Forrest Gump 9

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down for the day (so far) but fluctuating wildly. I wonder how many late-to-the-game redditors are going to be the suckers left holding the bag on this one.

The idea is, when whatever hedge fund has to buy back to cover, THEY'LL be stuck with the losses as all the regular people make $$$. We'll see to what degree that actually happens, but it's ranged between $150 and $480 today so SOMEONE is making $$$

I get the idea but at some point the hedge funds will have bought everything they need to cover their puts and shorts and then it's just going to be a bunch of WSB autists holding the bag. Who do you sell to when the hedge funds don't need to buy anymore? Other autists?

But when I posted that I didn't realize TDA and robinhood had locked it down.

The idea is, when whatever hedge fund has to buy back to cover, THEY'LL be stuck with the losses as all the regular people make $$$. We'll see to what degree that actually happens, but it's ranged between $150 and $480 today so SOMEONE is making $$$

That would work except no one is twisting any arms to force the big boys to buy to cover and likely won't. One benefit to locking up trading is to slow the rise and inevitable fall of the price and sort out the mess before the little guys realize they should have exited.

Shit about to hit the fan

Congress is formally investigating broker firm Robinhood. Robinhood freezes buying action only allows liquidation of Gme, amc, koss,...Gme is heavily shorted by “Melvin Capital Management”. “Melvin Capital Management” is owned by “Citadel, LLC”. “Citadel, LLC” gave Robinhood 40% of their revenue. Conflict of interest I say

Hopped off the GME wagon yesterday. Hopped on the Dogecoin wagon today and made some DAMN good gains.

The Robinhood shenanigans are complete bullshit. "We're doing it to protect the consumer from a volatile market." Yea right, get fucked. We know why you're doing it. F'n crooks.

Shit about to hit the fan

Congress is formally investigating broker firm Robinhood. Robinhood freezes buying action only allows liquidation of Gme, amc, koss,...Gme is heavily shorted by “Melvin Capital Management”. “Melvin Capital Management” is owned by “Citadel, LLC”. “Citadel, LLC” gave Robinhood 40% of their revenue. Conflict of interest I say

Judging by reddit and imgur, this has a good bit of attention and politicians are going to score points with it for sure.

place your bets on whether they actually help vs riding the wave of popularity

Judging by reddit and imgur, this has a good bit of attention and politicians are going to score points with it for sure.

place your bets on whether they actually help vs riding the wave of popularity

At the end of the 90's when online trading became possible to the masses they changed the rules to increase the minimums you had to have in your accounts to be allowed to engage in day trading. They put a stop to people taking a few thousand dollars and making a fortune through consistent hard work and research.

I figure they will do something similar.

Hopped off the GME wagon yesterday. Hopped on the Dogecoin wagon today and made some DAMN good gains.

The Robinhood shenanigans are complete bullshit. "We're doing it to protect the consumer from a volatile market." Yea right, get fucked. We know why you're doing it. F'n crooks.

I took the 290-ish from my cancelled Robinhood GME order, and put it in to Dogecoin. Was around $600 for a second, sitting mid $500's right now. Pretty happy with that. Tried to go to Fidelity, but it kept crashing. Don't have big money to throw around, unfortunately lol.

How long are you planning to hold. I have amc, but thinking to add GME.

there's been a couple nice dips yesterday and today, still a LOL % of float shorted, and volume has been comparatively low recently as people are holding.

Jump in

are you one of the lucky ones that bought before this week?

I was, and sold those. Got back in at it’s lowest today.

How long are you planning to hold. I have amc, but thinking to add GME.

I’m not sure. This goes against anything I would normally ever consider.