GM axing...everything.

Otis Nice

• 2 weeks later...

I think a great answer is spreading out what resources we use. Not all in on 1 thing. Too many people/too much demand for that to work. I'm for a shift in electric vehicles, it just doesn't have to be 100% everyone.

Edit: I am in no way an expert on these subjects haha

I think a great answer is spreading out what resources we use. Not all in on 1 thing. Too many people/too much demand for that to work. I'm for a shift in electric vehicles, it just doesn't have to be 100% everyone.

Edit: I am in no way an expert on these subjects haha

That's my thought, transition over instead of a flat mandate.

I could also see a 50/50 mix of very high efficiency gas and electric. Short commutes? Electric sure, far off travelers can stick to a very high efficiency gas car.

That's my thought, transition over instead of a flat mandate.

I could also see a 50/50 mix of very high efficiency gas and electric. Short commutes? Electric sure, far off travelers can stick to a very high efficiency gas car.

See, this makes too much sense for the government and some people to understand. It's all about what they think and if you don't fall into that mindset YOU'RE the problem.

A mixture of gas/diesel and electric cars would be much easier to roll out and when the tech is there go to a majority of electric vehicles.

Unless there are some legit and useful tech breakthroughs we're now on a slow ride to fucked town.

See, this makes too much sense for the government and some people to understand. It's all about what they think and if you don't fall into that mindset YOU'RE the problem.

A mixture of gas/diesel and electric cars would be much easier to roll out and when the tech is there go to a majority of electric vehicles.

Unless there are some legit and useful tech breakthroughs we're now on a slow ride to fucked town.

From a business perspective, I get it. GM wants and thinks it can become the world leader in EV's and autonomous vehicles. They've spent a lot of money on lobbying to actually speed up and "force" EV's on the public. I mean, what better way to make money than force a change that you think you will be the world leader with.

I was reading about BP working to move their oil and gas to clean energy by some timeline a few weeks ago. I agree the writings on the wall. It's about time too as much as the redneck in me loves loud powerful shit.

you guys smell it?... *sniff sniff*

jdp-awards-trio.png

The only thing I smell is the government's stank ass breath telling businesses what they need to do when there's no long term solution.

EVs are a great idea, but trying to rush all of this in without having the battery tech and power grid where it needs to be is going to be a problem. The "oh, we'll figure it out in time" answer doesn't hold water for me, I've seen that play out in the industry too.

We're all going to be driving EVs that look like what you see in Demolition Man at some point, just accept that.

The only thing I smell is the government's stank ass breath telling businesses what they need to do when there's no long term solution.

EVs are a great idea, but trying to rush all of this in without having the battery tech and power grid where it needs to be is going to be a problem. The "oh, we'll figure it out in time" answer doesn't hold water for me, I've seen that play out in the industry too.

We're all going to be driving EVs that look like what you see in Demolition Man at some point, just accept that.

Potsch Boyd would like to have a word with you.

EVs are a great idea, but trying to rush all of this in without having the battery tech and power grid where it needs to be is going to be a problem. The "oh, we'll figure it out in time"

Japan has had this problem for a long time. (50hz and 60hz grids)

While our grid has gotten better since someone forgot to trim that tree up un Cleveland, my parent's power in Clintonville tends to go out with a light breeze. I don't think a huge leap forward like this will go well without massive infrastructure improvements.

I’ve got stories for days about grid problems but they are more of an “over a beer” type discussion. I just can’t wait until electric cars are mandated then people go through the roof when they can’t figure out why their electric bill more than doubles.