Car appraisal services, KBB vs Edmunds?

1Quik7

I've been trying to get an accurate appraisal for a car I'm interested in and the difference between KBB and Edmunds is quite substantial, about $10k higher on Edmunds. Which seems strange because after googling this same vs question most people say Edmunds low balls.

Is one typically more accurate? Should I just split the difference?

What car, year make and miles, etc. If you're getting tossed odd numbers with such huge variants, that's usually a sign they just don't want it.

Any "online" offer is always going to be low. ALL those services are simply lead generating tools for dealers. The real offer will be made when you are in the seat ready to move. I went through this on my Q50.

What car, year make and miles, etc. If you're getting tossed odd numbers with such huge variants, that's usually a sign they just don't want it.

Any "online" offer is always going to be low. ALL those services are simply lead generating tools for dealers. The real offer will be made when you are in the seat ready to move. I went through this on my Q50.

Mine are usually high to get you in the door, then they nickle and dime you down after they thing the deal is closed.

I typically ignore both and look for comparable units for sale nearby. Doesn’t always pan out but neither does kbb or the like.

Make sure to compare ACTUAL SOLD vehicles- even from ebay if that's all you can find.

Loads of spuds asking high money and never selling, and the stuff priced around market usually sells fast fast fast