3d Printing Thread V2

wagner

Settled on Prusa Mini+... Seems to be the least likely to cause us headaches over time (sounds like a lot of others have either QC consistency issues, or "print this strain relief first!!" type crap), and half the cost of the MK3S. We'll see how this goes in a couple weeks :)

Curious, what kind of brackets are these that are breaking? I'm in a datacenter environment and we don't have anything like that that breaks, then again all of our plastic stuff is panduit and seemingly unbreakable

Follow-up on my PLA 'not sticking' issue. Tossed some parts at the printer, spent tons of time ensuring the bed was level, and swapped to different MFG for PLA. Daughter had conversations on another board and everyone was shocked that we were getting the PLA to stick at all without using a glue stick. (We had never used glue and had great luck with the PLA sticking to the bed) We used a glue stick and the printer worked great. Several prints and no issues so we are going to use glue sticks going forward and call the issue resolved. :)

Our next issue is the rolls of PLA we are using seem to be wound poorly and are catching on themselves when unspooling.

Follow-up on my PLA 'not sticking' issue. Tossed some parts at the printer, spent tons of time ensuring the bed was level, and swapped to different MFG for PLA. Daughter had conversations on another board and everyone was shocked that we were getting the PLA to stick at all without using a glue stick. (We had never used glue and had great luck with the PLA sticking to the bed) We used a glue stick and the printer worked great. Several prints and no issues so we are going to use glue sticks going forward and call the issue resolved. :)

Our next issue is the rolls of PLA we are using seem to be wound poorly and are catching on themselves when unspooling.

Weird, never had a issue with PLA+ sticking, I typically run a bed temp of 57c.

Now poorly wound rolls catching on themselves, yeah, that's ruined a print before at the 21 hour mark for me.

Looking for help with my Ender 3. Im at my wits end with troubleshooting and ill pay in beer or money!

I was having what seemed like a warped bed issue where at the corners it was good but between that it wasnt. so I bought a BLTouch thinking that I can have it measure every spot and know exactly what height to be at.

But I cannot get it to work. Ive tried setting the z-offset and then I go to print a bed level test print its too high or too low. Ive made changes VIA pronterface and everytime i get a different result.

I am in New Albany so if you are close, great! if not, where do i need to drive to?! Its just been so frustrating. i watched a bunch of videos and have been reading so many reddit threads.

I don't have the BLTouch or any of those leveling sensors. When I was reading about them the concept sounds amazing and like a perfect solution. But I also read a lot of reviews from people frustrated out of their minds trying to get them to work.

My solution was to get a piece of borosilicate glass to put on my bed. It's perfectly flat and won't warp. Then I level the bed the traditional way with a sheet of copy paper as my thickness gauge. For warping issues I normally look at a temperature differential problem. Bed not hot enough or too cold. Or the room is not warm enough. I find my printer does better in the summer when my room is warmer and the print temp vs. ambient temp are not so far apart. At some point I'll get around to building a cabinet for the printer to trap some of that bed heat and raise the ambient temp around the printer.

I guess I should also mention I am using the SKR mini E3 v2 board.

I tried glass (and still have it) but prefer the flexible magnetic build surface. I may have to go back.

I may not even have a warped bed. It could be a nozzle issue. I had put a new nozzle on it after I finished my last big print. But I haven’t printed anything since that because I was out of town and life happened. I would still like to utilize the bltouch.

• 2 weeks later...
Apart from some initial assembly hiccups (the Z arm wasn't perpendicular to the bed after assembly, seems common enough that a quick visit to the Prusa forums solved it in less than half an hour), these things have been coming out really nicely. Already have ten in the bucket and I think 7/day is a realistic target :)