Has anyone seen this? LS3 swapped BRZ

l36tols1

One of many cool builds. I really would have liked to swap my BRZ but it just gets retarded expensive if you care about everything working properly. Dash, AC, etc.

IIRC, motec has/had the only software that could run the Canbus. And that by itself was $6k.

Im hoping maybe one day LOJ makes a complete kit and I would potentially get another one because I really did love that car.

Pretty cool, but you still end up with basically a corvette. That probably cost far more

This was what I came to when I considered swapping my BRZ. As wonderful as the chassis is, with that level of power it'd be better just to start with a platform built for it from the start.

On low boost I'm putting out 330+ whp and have 20k on the original internals over the last 8 years with no major issues or failures. The LS3 swap seems like a lot of work and expense for the additional horsepower, although it's a big improvement on the torque.

On low boost I'm putting out 330+ whp and have 20k on the original internals over the last 8 years with no major issues or failures. The LS3 swap seems like a lot of work and expense for the additional horsepower, although it's a big improvement on the torque.
Doc, I'll bet that little car is a blast at 330. Can you refresh out memories on the mods you have?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

HKS Supercharger System

HKS Longtube Header Kit

HKS Midpipe

Agency Power Exhaust System

Exedy FRS Clutch Upgrade w/ Lightweight Flywheel

Ecutek FRS Tuning

Ecutek Flex Fuel System

Deutschwerks/Accelerated 450HP Fuel Management Upgrade

Brembo 06 STI Brake Upgrade

Tein Lowering Kit

Cusco Front Tie Bar

CCW D11L Wheels or Tuning Raijin Wheels

w/powdercoating by WheelMedic

GT86-39_zps26eb0b6a.jpg

enginecompartment_zps7fa68869.jpg

GT86-34_zpsc3716549.jpg

Edited by Doc

HKS Supercharger System

HKS Longtube Header Kit

HKS Midpipe

Ecutek FRS Tuning

Ecutek Flex Fuel System

Tein Lowering Kit

Cusco Front Tie Bar

Why don't we have a 'like' button on CR?

This is a great build. The car you built is more impressive than the car I bought ;)

I see what you did there. ;)

Of course, I didn't build any of it. Accelerated Performance in Toledo did all the work except for the wheels and tires. I relied on the Wheel Medic crew and on Andy Farkas to pick out the right wheel and tire combinations. The only thing I can take credit for is the re-badging, and even that was nearly above my skill level.

HKS Supercharger System

HKS Longtube Header Kit

HKS Midpipe

Ecutek FRS Tuning

Ecutek Flex Fuel System

Tein Lowering Kit

Cusco Front Tie Bar

GT86-39_zps26eb0b6a.jpg

enginecompartment_zps7fa68869.jpg

GT86-34_zpsc3716549.jpg

H O T

Not hard to put a vette on a diet.

This guy probably has c6z + money into the BRZ, and a stock c6z would still be quicker around a track.

Correct.

I get the being cool/different thing (to a point). As stated by someone else, he had C6z money into this thing before this swap even. Some buys like ONE car to be their vise, and ROI goes out the window for them....

If I had said BRZ- I would be turbo'd and DONE. They have been proven to be happy at 400whp with low peak torque for a long time. If I blew up 2 motors and wanted better (as this guy has) I would have slapped the BRZ back together and got a clapped c5 anything as a track rat.

Correct.

I get the being cool/different thing (to a point). As stated by someone else, he had C6z money into this thing before this swap even. Some buys like ONE car to be their vise, and ROI goes out the window for them....

If I had said BRZ- I would be turbo'd and DONE. They have been proven to be happy at 400whp with low peak torque for a long time. If I blew up 2 motors and wanted better (as this guy has) I would have slapped the BRZ back together and got a clapped c5 anything as a track rat.

I have never ever seen a turbo FA20 last on a track? Any videos of cars of cars actually going fast? And then how are you getting 4 tires, tools and a cooler to the track? He can put all that in the BRZ. Remember having a trailer in San Fran is impossible.

My car made 300whp on E with a vortech and was stupid reliable for the 5 plus years it was boosted. Now that didn't add up to a lot of miles but it was driven pretty hard on the street and saw a couple to several track days a year. The engine/clutch/trans/rear end was stock aside from obviously the necessary fueling and a large oil cooler. Lots of Motul fluid changes.

I would never have turbo'd one expecting similar results. I think the ethanol is what helped keep my setup "healthy", along with the fact it only made like 230 torque.

EAQpy3ul.jpg

My car made 300whp on E with a vortech and was stupid reliable for the 5 plus years it was boosted. Now that didn't add up to a lot of miles but it was driven pretty hard on the street and saw a couple to several track days a year. The engine/clutch/trans/rear end was stock aside from obviously the necessary fueling and a large oil cooler. Lots of Motul fluid changes.

I would never have turbo'd one expecting similar results. I think the ethanol is what helped keep my setup "healthy", along with the fact it only made like 230 torque.

EAQpy3ul.jpg

Sounds like a blast. I've considered one lately, simply because I never did the "tuner" thing when I was younger. Seems like a cheap little rwd manual revver that isn't a Civic. I might have it for 6 months, or enjoy it for a few years. Hard to go wrong for 15kish for a mid mile example.

Sounds like a blast. I've considered one lately, simply because I never did the "tuner" thing when I was younger. Seems like a cheap little rwd manual revver that isn't a Civic. I might have it for 6 months, or enjoy it for a few years. Hard to go wrong for 15kish for a mid mile example.

I recommend it to many people but preface it with the fact that NA they suck. With a header and E85 its better but on the street they are dog piss slow. On track it doesn't seem so bad.

So take $15k and add ~6-7k for a blower and flex fuel. ;)