2017 Titan

Johny Utah

Brother had a Titan but I think it was a '12 or '13. Never an issue. I took it hunting in the WV mountains a few times and it performed great. MPG's are on par with most any other V8 truck. He drove the piss out of that thing every day and we used it to do a good bit of hauling and towing as well. Never a major issue. Some minor stuff but it was a good truck overall. He had it for 6+ years IIRC.

Hoblick had one back in 2012'ish. I remember us taking it to FL hauling our, track bikes. I was driving and traffic turned into a shit show. I had to get on the breaks and had plenty of room in front of me.That truck wasn't stopping for shit. Not that the breaks were worn, it just sucked at breaking, and we were a light haul with the bikes.

When it came to me buying my last two trucks, I wouldn't even consider the Titan. Now, the one with that cummins motor, that is a candidate. But, I would test drive the hell out of the breaks. I damn near hit the car in front of us.

My father i law has one but i want to say it's an 08-09.

He likes it and it seems to be on par with other vehicles with maint.

The only weird thing was when his headlight went out we youtubed it and you had to take a ton of fronted parts off to get to it. Luckily, my brother in law was small enough and contoured his arm enough to r&r it . So long story short, that was a pita.

save headache, acquire tundra

I just test drove it. ABS light came on. Another warning light came on. And when I put into 4wd a warning for the 4wd came on. It pulled to the left on the highway and the a/c was not blown cold air when I tried it out.

Very disappointing! It was a really nice looking Titan.

neighbor had one for nearly 10yrs with zero issues. I asked what made him switch and if you saw his 2500 Cummings long bed which pulls a big trailer you'd know why. Huge. All said, he loved it. It's the only Nissan that make me interested in their line up and I'm not a truck guy at this moment.

The reviews on Titans seem good that I have read. I really wanted the truck. Kinda scares me with all that was wrong with it. It was at a dealership also. It was supposedly certified. And at highway speeds the top corner of the driver’s side window air was blowing in. It was pretty loud and annoying. The window was all the way up also.

They said they fix everything and call me when finished.

I don't have specifics, but my boss had an older one like 2007-2010ish vintage that had a crazy ABS issue he chased for years. It's apparently pretty common and cost him quite a bit to finally resolve. He was having it serviced by Nissan for the duration of the issues, which made the saga all the more baffling to me.

Newer ones don’t have the abs issues the older ones did . I would only look at the diesel given other trucks in the same price range as the gasser.

With that said however best for drive the ram and the other American trucks to see what you like . Between Toyota , Nissan, Ford , Ram, GM you can find very similar specs for a ballpark of the same price so it really is going to come down to what you like the most and what fits your budget

Carfax is mostly dead to me. Wife's previous car was purchased 3 years old with balance of factory warranty, carfax showed transfer of ownership from private owner to a dealership, then to the dealer she bought from. Otherwise just service records, but clean in terms of accident history, etc.

When she went to trade it in, carfax showed major accident damage to front, back, both sides, roof, trunk, effectively every panel... Turns out it was crashed and repaired several months before she bought it, and the repair entry wasn't reported in such a way that it made it to carfax until later that year. The changes of ownership that were noted were a result of the collision, repair, and either sale or auction to the dealer she bought from... lesson learned as she got like $1k on a car that should have been worth $4k or so in trade without the dirty history.

Also - I've seen one generation old GM trucks (like 2015+ body style) with rocker rust so bad it has through holes. Out of state or not that 's crazy. My 2007 Ram has the typical rear fender rust going a bit, bit it didn't start until it was 10+ years old.