ATS-V anyone?

1Quik7

I looked for one in the middle of '19, most were priced in the $40-50k range and some in the mid $50k. One dealer in Ohio had a used '17 or '18 ATS-V Coupe (manual) for over a year; the price was reduced about $9k and it still took that long for the listing to finally disappear. I love the way the ATS-V Coupe looks especially the black one. Edited by POS VETT

I test drove a 2017 or 18 ATS-V back in the spring with intentions of trading in my 2010 CTS-V to have a newer car. Just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger with it being a V6 and much less power. The options and more modern stuff was nice, but not enough for me to change from the CTS-V

I test drove a 2017 or 18 ATS-V back in the spring with intentions of trading in my 2010 CTS-V to have a newer car. Just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger with it being a V6 and much less power. The options and more modern stuff was nice, but not enough for me to change from the CTS-V

Just curious, Is your CTS-V modified?

How 'fast' cars feel kind of fascinates me, since on paper these cars stock form acceleration look close enough to be negligible.

Just curious, Is your CTS-V modified?

How 'fast' cars feel kind of fascinates me, since on paper these cars stock form acceleration look close enough to be negligible.

Not much. Headers, exhaust, pulley, tune. After just getting it back from Carlyle and Brian with that done, it felt like a pretty noticeable difference from stock.

Not much. Headers, exhaust, pulley, tune. After just getting it back from Carlyle and Brian with that done, it felt like a pretty noticeable difference from stock.

Yeah, kinda hard to compare stock to modified, even if only 'lightly' modified That list seems to get a good bump in power/accel on CTS-Vs. But it's maybe also a fair comparison since the modified CTS-V is what you have and the stock ATS-V is what you would get.

I imagine an ATS-V with intake, downpipes and tune might get to a similar level?

The ATS-V is one of those cars where I am dying to know if there are any reliability issues or expensive fixes inherent in the model. One thing I have learned not to trust is a complicated Cadillac engine because of their horrific track record, but it looks like there aren't a lot of issues out there? Maybe this is the one they got right?

Was the last time a manual was available in the CTS-V was gen. 1?

Gen 1 (03-07) and gen 2 (08-13) had manuals. It's only the most recent generation (15-19) that dropped the manual gearbox. The CTS-V coupe was only available 08-13.

For comparison sake the CTS-VSport and XTS-V has the same engine as the ATS-V and I never really hear anything bad about them.

VSport can be had for some pretty cheap prices now.

If money was no issue I'd swap the XTS-V's whole drivetrain into my Impala since I prefer the body style and they are basically the same car.

Yeah, kinda hard to compare stock to modified, even if only 'lightly' modified That list seems to get a good bump in power/accel on CTS-Vs. But it's maybe also a fair comparison since the modified CTS-V is what you have and the stock ATS-V is what you would get.

I imagine an ATS-V with intake, downpipes and tune might get to a similar level?

I don't think so. I had a highway run with my buddies Ats-V with the mods described. It was a dead even run with my 450rwhp G8, which would get walked by lightly modified Cts-V's.

I think the general consensus was always for atsv money you can get a ctsv with better performance.

Now if they would have dropped a v8 into the atsv instead I could see it being way more appealing

Ctsv being able to fit adults better and still outrun the atsv for me makes the choice very easy