Small Engine Repair?

gillbot

I have a MAC 3200 chainsaw that used to run great. At some point the fuel lines and primer bulb got hard and I took it to a place for a tuneup. Unfortunately I got it back worse than I took it there. He says the carb is shot but parts can’t be found. He offered to buy the saw from me for a song but I just picked it up and brought it home.

I’d LOVE to get this saw running again. Any suggestions? I’m willing to make the trip for a reputable place to give me the real story about this saw but I’m not getting many good suggestions locally aside from big box stores that will scrap this saw and sell me a new Chinese craftsman unit.

Not sure if this helps you but

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBURETOR-MCCULLOCH-3200-3205-3210-3214-3216-3212-2012-chainsaw-USA-Seller-/123982894004?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

And if you want to rebuild it way cheaper....

https://www.sawagain.com/mcculloch-3200-3210-3214-zama-carburetor-kit-rb-45-z1/

Another place to dig around is jackssmallengines.com. I've had alot of luck with those guys in the past on parts

The issue is mainly I’ve been into it twice and never got it right. Tried to take it somewhere and I think he busted the carb. There are also a couple models that may work, I’m just not sure which I need. I’d rather take it somewhere and get it right so I don’t have to mess with it for a while again. Thanks for the link though, I may get one to be safe.