Muffler Install/Fix

Ben

I installed some rockin' stainless steel mufflers on my M Roadster because I had Ferrari envy and I figured this would keep me from bankrupting myself by buying an actual Ferrari. I got them all lined up perfectly and tightened up but, based on how they sound and placing my hand near the joint, I'm concerned I may have a leak. Frankly, I can't bear the thought of tearing it all apart again and spending the amount of time it took to line them up in the first place (which was way too damn long). So, help me out. Where's a good muffler place to get someone to look at and possibly correct my craptacular install?

TL:DR I need a muffler shop recommendation.

P.S. I did search the forum and saw people recommended Eagle Muffler. But seems like maybe they closed?

I've used Mad Hatter a dozen times over the past decade or so with great results. OEM-style full replacements, custom catbacks, downpipe installs, Y-pipe repairs, you name it. As long as you are still running cats, they will work on it.

The dual exhaust they made for one of my old S10's received a ton of compliments.....

FrAKWpe.jpg

The rectangle tips aren't for everyone, but I loved them, and everyone thought it sounded really damn good. The guys at Mad Hatter will do everything they can to make sure the tips line up perfectly even

Ben,

It's been a few years since I've been to Mad Hatter, but here are some tips from when I was last there:

Prepare to be in a less than pristine section of town.

They were first-come, first-served when I was last there. I got there 30 minutes before opening time so that I could be first on the rack.

It doesn't hurt to bring a box of doughnuts to share with the staff. (I'm serious)

One time they did 20 minutes worth of work for me on the Viewt and they wouldn't let me pay for it.

Another time they diagnosed a rattle, installed some hangers and a strap, and charged me $5.

When they replaced pipes and a muffler they charged 1/3 what it was worth.