Calling Clay.......

Mace1647545504

Too expensive. ;)

Yup, couldn't even get that much for one that looks similar and clean enough to my uneducated eyes on BaT.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-lincoln-mark-v-7-2/

Edit: I guess these are a different gen, have different styling on the outside. I do like the Mark III better from what I can see in those pictures.

I think this car has been posted a few times on CL, and if it is the same car I am thinking of then the vinyl roof hides some pretty serious rust issues despite the low miles. That said, I think the price is high retail at best. If the paint was legit shiny, there was a binder of paperwork, and there weren't issues under the top it would probably be a $15K car, as it sits it's probably closer to a $5-6K car.

The mark III (1969-1971 was the second to last of the Lincoln Mark cars built prior to the 5mph bumper mandate of 1973 (1972 Mark IV was the last and 1 year only styling), and as such they are sought after for their clean design and integration of the bumpers into the body lines. They are also early emissions cars with 460's so they aren't choked with 2bbl carbs and make about 365hp.

Still too expensive for Clay's liking but if the int is decent this would be a better deal. Diff model but I like both.

Also, I apparently need to sell mine.

FUUUUUU that is a pretty-looking Collector’s Edition. Opera lights! Only Mark V with that option.

Why do you need to sell?

FUUUUUU that is a pretty-looking Collector’s Edition. Opera lights! Only Mark V with that option.

Why do you need to sell?

I agree about that car (that is now pending :( ) and I don't NEED to sell but you know what I paid you and seeing some of these gopher tater prices it'd be hard to pass up if someone offered to triple or quadruple my investment. :lol:

I def have no intentions of selling. We (myself, Beth who loves the car still and doesn't want me to sell, and the boys) plan on cruising and maybe taking some weekend trips this year, but if the price is right, Bob, well... ;)