Historical or interesting spots within an hour from Columbus

unfunnyryan

More than an hour, but run up to lake erie. I'd like to check out Serpent Mound down south, Wapakoneta for the Neil Armstrong museum. Dayton for the Air Force Museum. Go to Waldo for a fried bologna sandwich.

Airforce Museum, although it's mostly indoor, so I'd save it for the crappy weather.

I've been there many times, its a very good museum if your into war and planes and definitely worth it. One of the things I miss in Ohio.

And 555 hell yeah, beautiful drive and the curves will give you something to do especially the last 10-20 miles down by the Ohio River. Growing up on that end it was fun in the winter, but dangerous once the snow was gone and all that was left was the salt, etc in March/April.

Atlas Obscura has a neat feature where you can search things they covered on their site:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/things-to-do/ohio

Went by Chateua Laroche in Loveland when working in the area last year. Closed. Thanks COVID. It was cool to see though. The drive down the lane is sketchy. Steep switchbacks with sharp curves.