My Latest Acqusitions

POS VETT

Here are two of my latest acquisitions. Obviously I have been delayed in posting these. Posted in chronological order of acquisition.

1996 Chevrolet Corvette

For years, I looked for a black-on-black coupe with a manual transmission (so I can get the LT4 engine). This one has a long story and it was a one-owner located just south of Cleveland OH. The first owner is also a Corvette Forum member. The car had only 38k miles when I found it and it had many mods including cam, worked heads-intake manifold, valvetrain mods, air filter, LT headers, 3" exhaust, lightened flywheel, short shifter, 4.10 "Viper" gears, tuned PCM (with a 6800-rpm redline), etc. and yet stock BASE FE1 suspension. It came with six C5 Magnesium wheels and none of the stock ones.

Once I got it home, I went through a few minor things including solving the mystery of peanuts and discovery of a small area of splintered rear spring. I salvaged Z51 springs and stabilizer bars out of an '84 but they need refurbishment. I have extra HRE wheels meant for a C6 Z06 so naturally one set found their way onto the '96. This thing drives raw, unrefined, and loud. Controls are heavy and clunky. Supposedly it has 395 whp. I love every aspect of it and it slides easily. Ok, pictures.

2RDZh5dl.jpg

QFZx3zFl.jpg

jfWd9Hcl.jpg

rHhBHWGl.jpg

1994 Mitsubishi Pajero XR

This is my first foray into JDM vehicles. This was found in Cleveland OH at a small motorcycle store; its owner dabbled in JDM imports before the pandemic. This one has a 3.5l V6 with DOHC and 24 valves; supposedly the fast version of Pajero in its generation (2nd), save for the Pajero Evolution. This one is the short wheel base version and it comes with fancy knick-knacks such as the climate control, height-adjustable suspension and adjustable dampers. It also comes with altimeter, inclinometer, and compass. Strangely, it doesn't have SRS airbags, ABS, and cruise control. The drivetrain features a fancy Super Select 4 system that allows on-road all wheel drive feature and a locking center differential. The rear live axle has a limited slip differential and the front is independent with an open differential. It has a manual moonroof and an automatic 4-sp transmission (with an OD-off button and a sport mode!).

2BuATYtl.jpg

R1oMlYal.jpg

E1QOTkJl.jpg

W5pg1Zzl.jpg

Man that Vette looks really clean. I even like the wheels on it.

Thanks. The rear wheels and tires are actually not a perfect fit. They rub in a minor way (think wear-to-fit) in multiple points.

I love them both! A fairly uncommon (and very desirable) variation of C4, and a super rare (and very cool) Pajero that might be the only one in Columbus. Awesome, well done sir :cool:

Thank you. The LWB version is more common in Central OH, both in JDM and USDM (Montero) versions. You're likely right that it may be the only SWB in Central OH.