Remember When Downtown Was Transformed Into A Racetrack?

Otis Nice

hey remember when 6 people lived in columbus and 4 of them were cousins? pepperidge farm remembers.

Steve Evans, Brock Yates, and the Diamond P Motorsports Microphone!!!! straight out of my childhood.

Awesome stuff! Thanks for posting. I believe someone posted a bunch of pics from one of the races on the CR facebook page a year or so ago.

I have a framed poster advertising the '86 race. I bought the poster from a guy on craigslist several years back (on the far right in the pic below).....

CDsnzMul.jpg

Since I wasn't even born until '86, I missed out on all the fun. It's hard to believe we were once capable of pulling this off, albeit short lived.

Ohio used to be cooler, Columbus used to be cooler.

2021 racing returns to Columbus! Electric-only sustainably-sourced vehicles compete in the inaugural PRIDE race, to see who can get from the short north to city hall the fastest and tie the knot. Click HERE to kill yourself:gay2::marc2::gay:

3 years I worked as a pit marshal. "Partied at the Pen" - the first year worker party was at the old Ohio State Penitentiary - also where worker registration was held. Pit lane was a compromise with a 180 degree turn around on Broad right at the entrance to Veteran's Memorial. Made for some interesting driving.

My wife was working at a printing company and did cover artwork for the programs one year.

Yes, Columbus was cooler, more balanced in its views then.