You or anyone you know have an AirBnB?

ItzaME

Sup everyone,

Got a rental fixer upper in a decent part of town up north (Cleveland).

I was wondering if anyone had AirBnB experience and has feedback or advice for someone getting into it.

Realistically I could make double the income vs. renting the house out. I would also not have to deal with renters not paying, especially these days with all the hand outs.

AirBnB's require more communication and frequent cleaning but at least if something is broken, it gets taken out from whoever booked it those days.

I'd make the listing quality and it's pretty easy to see who the competition is.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks

Mar

Don't need it here, shady realtors and others just put your "for sale" house on CL and take vacation rent money for it and don't tell you. Its a huge problem here which blows my mind.

I don't really have anything good to add except its kind of a shady practice and AirBnB's stance when things go south is "we're not a hospitality company we're just an app." Hopefully thats gotten better in the past few years, but I've heard that it can be a problem. Kinda like Uber is "just an app."