☆~PoLOLtics~☆

greg1647545532

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then they understand the effects to children born to parents that have been vaccinated? They rushed that process too? It typically takes 3 years for FDA approval, they tested the vaccine for 2 months for effects in adults and are pushing it to 6 months for children to make sure. I'm not saying they need all 3 years, but a couple months isn't enough to find long term side effects.

In all, it really doesn't matter how you feel about taking the vaccine. If your vaccinated then great, if your not then that's fine too. I just want them to have the time to do all the testing they are supposed to do before I am comfortable taking a type of vaccine that has never been approved for human use before.

So then they understand the effects to children born to parents that have been vaccinated? They rushed that process too? It typically takes 3 years for FDA approval, they tested the vaccine for 2 months for effects in adults and are pushing it to 6 months for children to make sure. I'm not saying they need all 3 years, but a couple months isn't enough to find long term side effects.

In all, it really doesn't matter how you feel about taking the vaccine. If your vaccinated then great, if your not then that's fine too. I just want them to have the time to do all the testing they are supposed to do before I am comfortable taking a type of vaccine that has never been approved for human use before.

Folks who are qualified to analyze the potential side affects of an mrna vaccine understand this isn't a valid concern. There is much research to support th fact that viable side affects are going to be identified within an approximately ~ 6 week timeline. I choose to believe them, given their level of expertise versus my own. You don't have to cherry pick these conclusions from a single source, there is consensus here.

I did a major senior project on photovoltaics in college, when the technology was rapidly changing. I made some conclusions based in where I saw solar panel technogy going in my closing statements, and had to field questions from students and faculty present afterwards. One professor asked "What makes you confident that this where the technology is headed", my response then was "Mainly because this opinion is widely held by scientists in the field with many more years of research and expertise than myself as a 5 year student."

My attitude remains the same today.

Deciding not to get the vaccine doesn't make someone a snowflake, I think the intended meaning of calling someone that has been lost on you. As far as feeling sorry for me or my family, I wouldn't expect you to, you don't know us. If it makes you feel better though, a large part of my family is vaccinated. On the flip side if something happens to you or your family (vaccine related or not), just know I would still feel compassion for you.

And 75% of americans have had at least the first shot? Thats great! If it works like they hoped then we are (or will be soon) past the 70% threshold for herd immunity.

Folks who are qualified to analyze the potential side affects of an mrna vaccine understand this isn't a valid concern. There is much research to support th fact that viable side affects are going to be identified within an approximately ~ 6 week timeline. I choose to believe them, given their level of expertise versus my own. You don't have to cherry pick these conclusions from a single source, there is consensus here.

I did a major senior project on photovoltaics in college, when the technology was rapidly changing. I made some conclusions based in where I saw solar panel technogy going in my closing statements, and had to field questions from students and faculty present afterwards. One professor asked "What makes you confident that this where the technology is headed", my response then was "Mainly because this opinion is widely held by scientists in the field with many more years of research and expertise than myself as a 5 year student."

My attitude remains the same today.

What's wrong with me not yet being comfortable with a new style of vaccine? I personally would prefer to see more results long term. Now if they had a traditional vaccine for it, I would have zero issue getting it, in fact someone recently told me that the j&j shot is a traditional vaccine (I have not looked into it yet, though I plan to). If this is the case I will research it a bit, but would likely look to where I could get it.

Buckle up snowflake because the vaccine is great at keeping most people from dying but covid is here to stay. We're not gonna hit herd immunity if the thing keeps mutating like it does. Maybe what you said made sense pre-delta but it ain't 2020 anymore. Don't be a dolt.

What's wrong with me not yet being comfortable with a new style of vaccine? I personally would prefer to see more results long term. Now if they had a traditional vaccine for it, I would have zero issue getting it, in fact someone recently told me that the j&j shot is a traditional vaccine (I have not looked into it yet, though I plan to). If this is the case I will research it a bit, but would likely look to where I could get it.

It's perfectly fine to be uneasy with the vaccine but covid is a known threat. You're avoiding a proven solution to a real problem out of fear of a problem that doesn't exist yet.

It's perfectly fine to be uneasy with the vaccine but covid is a known threat. You're avoiding a proven solution to a real problem out of fear of a problem that doesn't exist yet.

Yet is an important word in what you said. There have been plenty of cases of neurological issues(though rare). I have already had covid, I understand the potential risk if I get one of the variants, but I know what I am getting into. I also follow all guidelines as far as social distancing, mask wearing and staying home more than before covid. It isn't something I haven't put any thought into.

greg. you seem like a nice enough guy outside political threads and has some cool interest. why get your fappies being a twat to others in the political threads?

green bastard isnt being disrepectful and is being polite when responding. I've met him in person considering buying his old talon and he's a good dude.

No, but that does not mean that it isn't a risk. The vaccine is still young, data changes daily on it and the virus. I'm waiting until I am comfortable with it before I get it. Call me what you wish (so far we have dolt and snowflake), it still won't change my mind. Probably my last response, I have shit to do today.

greg. you seem like a nice enough guy outside political threads and has some cool interest. why get your fappies being a twat to others in the political threads?

green bastard isnt being disrepectful and is being polite when responding. I've met him in person considering buying his old talon and he's a good dude.

Man I called him a dolt, I'm so mean.

Sorry Green Bastard I didn't understand I was being so harsh. Please don't kill yourself because of my super intense internet bullying.

Gotta love CR. I'm sure he's a good dude and I'm sure he doesn't need you white knighting for him. He can defend his decision if he wants, and I can tell him it's a dumb decision. We'll be OK. I swear you think I'm always over here raging at the keyboard or something.

All we are hearing is the supposed good side of the shot..when a con about the shot shows up the media poo poos it and brushes it aside.

Science..no masks needed...oh wait masks needed

The shot will prevent you from getting covid...oh wait there are break throughs..but it you won't die..oh wait some of you fully vaccinated are dying

Horse dewormer cures Covid 100%, oh wait organ failure and blindness, damn!

Mace, science changes based on new information. Remember back when seatbelts weren't a thing, and for a a short time folks suggested they were unsafe because they kept you from being safely "thrown clear of the vehicle" lol. Turns out that's not a thing, research shows they were overwhelmingly correct in asserting their safety.

If you'd prefer to only hear from scentists that stick to their initial finding only, regardless of new information, I'm sure there are one or two of those out there. I personally would prefer not

to be fed the old proven inaccurate info when new information comes to light. I also have a hard time maintaining respect for folks that lean into that old info purely because it serves to support the reity they would prefer.

and the science of big business can hide things they don't want known.

Something as simple as talcum powder...they knew it was toxic but hid results forever and

this:

Why was Prilosec taken off the market?

Nexium and Prilosec are defective and unreasonably dangerous. The manufacturers (including AstraZeneca, Proctor & Gamble, and Pfizer) were negligent in the production of the drug. The manufacturers failed to properly test the medication, and failed to warn doctors and patients of certain risks.

So please don't use the good science or doctor knows best arguments.

Was there a global eye of scrutiny on Prilosec or talcum powder research? I don't recall myself, it's been a while, ya know?

Also, if you and yours aren't willing to acknowledge science or the opinion of the medical community (not an individual company, Mace), then this is the beating my head against the wall I was referring to in a previous post... Its's also why it's so exhausting.

I read somewhere recently "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into". I can see the wisdom in that, for certain.

With that said, I am not against the vaccine, those that wish to get it should, but I don't believe anyone should force someone else to take it. Also I'm not saying I wouldn't take the vaccine in the future, I just want it to have time to properly be tested.

This 100%.

The fact that countries and companies are denying service without it doesn't sit well with me.

This 100%.

The fact that countries and companies are denying service without it doesn't sit well with me.

If you want the business of people who have chosen to lower their personal risk by being vaccinated (or the ownership/staff has chosen to do so), then it's logical to limit traffic from folks who serve to increase risk of exposure. Seems totally ok given that effectively the full public is at an equal opportunity to be vaccinated.

Eating with my at-risk wife next to Mr. And Mrs. Itsacold doesn't sit well with me.

if it takes an online discussion for people to imagine beating your head on a wall or is exhausting... it is what it is. regardless what you decide to do or not do with your own health more power to you. land of the free.

Nobody makes anyone post in the kitchen either. Land of the free.