☆~PoLOLtics~☆

greg1647545532

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 2nd part of the statement..i guess you weren't able to understand that..let me help you..

"Just don't expect me to give a shit when you or your loved ones end up drawing the short straw." is what you said

LOL, ok. Look, I'm a normal human with normal human emotions like empathy. Everyone will get my baseline of compassion that I give to everyone who shares my species. If you drive without a seat belt and get injured in an accident, you get my baseline empathy and not much more. If you keep loaded guns unlocked in your house and something bad happens, you get my baseline empathy. You beat a dog and it bites you back, you get my baseline empathy.

Like all normal humans I get compassion fatigue. I can only give so much of a shit for people who play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Right? Aren't you the same way? Am I the weirdo for saying that? I don't think so, but tell me with a straight face that you don't agree with everything I just said.

I think the only difference here is that you think not getting the covid vaccine is different from driving without a seat belt. You don't object to what I said, you only disagree about the context.

Well.the covid vaccine is free, it's backed by science, and it's proven to save lives. Just like seat belts. So to me there's no difference. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. Die from covid because you didn't want the free vaccine, you only get my baseline compassion. Wear your seat belt. Lock up your guns. Get vaccinated.

Peace.

If you want the business of people who have chosen to lower their personal risk by being vaccinated (or the ownership/staff has chosen to do so), then it's logical to limit traffic from folks who serve to increase risk of exposure. Seems totally ok given that effectively the full public is at an equal opportunity to be vaccinated.

Eating with my at-risk wife next to Mr. And Mrs. Itsacold doesn't sit well with me.

The vaccination is not a silver bullet.

If you want the business of people who have chosen to lower their personal risk by being vaccinated (or the ownership/staff has chosen to do so), then it's logical to limit traffic from folks who serve to increase risk of exposure. Seems totally ok given that effectively the full public is at an equal opportunity to be vaccinated.

Eating with my at-risk wife next to Mr. And Mrs. Itsacold doesn't sit well with me.

The vaccination is not a silver bullet.

If your wife is that much 'at-risk' then don't fucking take her out? This is not a flesh eating virus, its a weird cold at best.

ITT: folks with one opinion slinging shit at folks with a different opinion.

~PoLOLtics~☆

I agree. Trust the scientist and professionals.

I lol'd a lot reading all of your replies. Question on one of them kind of unrelated to the bitch fight going on: keeping loaded guns that aren't locked up...why would you have a loaded gun if it was in a safe or secured some other way? Why not just unload it if you're going to lock it up? Genuinely curious.

If you want the business of people who have chosen to lower their personal risk by being vaccinated (or the ownership/staff has chosen to do so), then it's logical to limit traffic from folks who serve to increase risk of exposure.

I thought those vaccinated could still carry it but were at lower risk for severe complications/results. If that is true than ALL folks "serve to increase risk of exposure." Was I lied to? May have been. Genuinely asking.

No offense and I don't know your situation but if my wife was at-risk I would not take her out period. That's a choice YOU can make.

The COVID-19 Vaccine is bad. That is why the Active Military require it.

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

:lolguy: That's a PISS poor argument. :lol:

Alright! I'll see y'all again in a day or a week or whenever I feel like replying again. I'll read and lol still but there is nothing productive happening so...have a swell evening!

Question on one of them kind of unrelated to the bitch fight going on: keeping loaded guns that aren't locked up...why would you have a loaded gun if it was in a safe or secured some other way? Why not just unload it if you're going to lock it up? Genuinely curious

So you can blammo the bad guys real fast.

"Hey, I understand you've snuck in my house in the middle of the night and I was startled awake but if you'll excuse me for just a moment I need to get my loaded gun. It's locked up but it won't take long. Stay right there for me, chief."

:lolguy:

K, bai!!!

"Hey, I understand you've snuck in my house in the middle of the night and I was startled awake but if you'll excuse me for just a moment I need to get my loaded gun. It's locked up but it won't take long. Stay right there for me, chief."

:lolguy:

K, bai!!!

Don't shoot the messenger. Locking up bad guy blammos is big bidness

My wife works pretty closely with the ER and ICU at her hospital (its one of the big 3 here in Columbus). Last week they had nearly 40 patients in the ER, some had been there for more than 24 hrs waiting on a room. They have a call list of patients at home waiting to come in as well.

The hospital has beds but not enough staff to operate all of them. (Many left to travel to areas with even higher covid cases offering $8k week) Her location is averaging around 40 covid patients. This puts them over 100% capacity. They didn't release the number of vax'd vs non vax'd but if you look at the available stats lets say its 30 non vax'd and 10 vax'd. Id even guess the number is probably 35 and 5.

Im just curious if people that are vaccine hesitant/ against it/ scared/ unsure whatever the case may be, understand that there is only so much medical care to go around. Its not an unlimited supply. If you get in an accident, have an emergency you may not be able to get the care you need in a timely manner. Obviously they attempt to categorize the urgency but its not an ideal circumstance. A few states are now rationing care based on survival chances.

My wife works in the Cath lab, they did a heart STEMI's last week (bad heart attack), typically this requires 24hr ICU recovery to make sure the patient is stable and healthy after the procedure. The ICU declined this patient to the ICU because they have patients in more dire need. So if something pops up in this patients, he's not really where he needs to be.

Im not here to soap box, just share stories of things many people arent aware of in regards to how a handful bad cases of Covid affects more than just those people who choose to just think of it as a flu bug. Getting a vax'd not only drastically improves your chances of staying out of the hospital and or dying, but it might just keep medical care available to you or someone else that needs it regardless whether its covid related or not.

My wife....

CLEARLY SHES A PAID ACTOR, EVERYONE KNOWS THAT A LIBERAL SCAM ESCAPED FROM A LAB IN CHINA SO THEY COULD TAKE OUR FREEDUMBS.

COME ON PRAYER WARRIORS, WE NEED TO TAKE THIS COMMIE DOWN. SCIENCE IS HOW THEY ARE GONNA CONTROL US.

SHEEEEEEEEEEEP

GOBBESS

MIKE HUNT

USPS 1975-1995

Im not here to soap box, just share stories of things many people arent aware of in regards to how a handful bad cases of Covid affects more than just those people who choose to just think of it as a flu bug. Getting a vax'd not only drastically improves your chances of staying out of the hospital and or dying, but it might just keep medical care available to you or someone else that needs it regardless whether its covid related or not.

This is one of my main reasonings for getting the vaccine. More vaccinated people = less needlessly occupying hospital beds from people who actually need them.

I actually got covid and had ZERO symptoms.

But I wasn't selfish enough to not get the vaccine because if my body could fight off a virus killing people worldwide I'm sure the vaccination would be just fine to boost an already strong immune system even more.

... and shout out to wearing masks for making my allergies less severe for over a year!

But... my sense of smell has increased and you people stink please take showers everyday and wash every part of your body lol

My wife works pretty closely with the ER and ICU at her hospital (its one of the big 3 here in Columbus). Last week they had nearly 40 patients in the ER, some had been there for more than 24 hrs waiting on a room. They have a call list of patients at home waiting to come in as well.

The hospital has beds but not enough staff to operate all of them. (Many left to travel to areas with even higher covid cases offering $8k week) Her location is averaging around 40 covid patients. This puts them over 100% capacity. They didn't release the number of vax'd vs non vax'd but if you look at the available stats lets say its 30 non vax'd and 10 vax'd. Id even guess the number is probably 35 and 5.

Im just curious if people that are vaccine hesitant/ against it/ scared/ unsure whatever the case may be, understand that there is only so much medical care to go around. Its not an unlimited supply. If you get in an accident, have an emergency you may not be able to get the care you need in a timely manner. Obviously they attempt to categorize the urgency but its not an ideal circumstance. A few states are now rationing care based on survival chances.

My wife works in the Cath lab, they did a heart STEMI's last week (bad heart attack), typically this requires 24hr ICU recovery to make sure the patient is stable and healthy after the procedure. The ICU declined this patient to the ICU because they have patients in more dire need. So if something pops up in this patients, he's not really where he needs to be.

thanks for the information. it's likely going to get worse with more hospitals firing nurses for not getting the shot unfortunately. regardless of vax or not, majority continues to be over weight and/or pre-existing conditions.

thanks for the information. it's likely going to get worse with more hospitals firing nurses for not getting the shot unfortunately.

Its a terrible situation for these care facilities. Staff fighting back against getting the vaccine only hurts the people they claim to want to help. Im hoping once these nurses/staff realize that its likely gonna be required by all institutions there will be less leaving/resigning. Unless they are going to retire or leave the field all together there wont be much of an option. Unless you go the route of "religious exemption" which so far seems to be a pretty easy cowardly route.

I agree regarding the religious exemption route. we could have taken that route for my girls at school for mask, but didn't. the nursing field has had a shortage for 10-20 years. theres also the option of nurses to go into private care in home which typically is companies under 100 or all under the table tbh. i've known a few folks who started there own long term care business' by converting a house, hiring a few recent college grads, cater food in, and profit.

I think the only difference here is that you think not getting the covid vaccine is different from driving without a seat belt. You don't object to what I said, you only disagree about the context.

greg, I agree with 100% of everything you said, But just for fun and to bring this back to car related...have you ever looked at the backlash and reaction towards seatbelts?

The first seat belt law was enacted January 1st 1968, and was a Federal requirement that all passenger cars be equipped. Following the federal law there was a huge backlash against wearing seatbelts, and most of Americans didn't wear them. It wasn't until the 1980's that the backlash died down enough for the states to begin making seatbelt use mandatory through the passing of traffic laws, and even then the government had to trick the automakers into lobbying for state seat belt laws by telling them they would get an exemption from installing airbags if 2/3 the states had seat belt laws in place (they didn't make it and that is how we got airbags in the 1990's).

Even now there are still seat belt protesters. It took 53 years for seatbelts to become widely accepted as a safety measure and even still there are idiots arguing against their use, it's just a smaller pool. Masks are heading down much the same path. There are just too many morons who are more married to their own misunderstood concept of liberty than their actual safety or the safety of others. You see them here - they make all sorts of political based excuses because they are incapable of evaluating the information objectively and with deference to the experience and conclusions of actual experts.

In other words too many people think they are smarter than doctors and researchers (you know people who go to school for 20 years plus heavy training on top), But that doesn't come as a surprise really - look at how many on this forum argue with mechanics and some of y'all shouldn't be touching wrenches.

Honestly, natural selection would probably take care of a large number of the mask and vaccine deniers, and I would be all for it if it didn't absolutely fuck over literally everyone else from those dipshits acting like naturally occurring petri dishes where new variants develop.

https://www.businessinsider.com/when-americans-went-to-war-against-seat-belts-2020-5

https://www.history.com/news/seat-belt-laws-resistance

https://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674423473

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2020/07/25/seat-belts-masks-fights-coronavirus/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/us/seat-belts-masks-coronavirus-wellness-trnd/index.html

thanks for the information. it's likely going to get worse with more hospitals firing nurses for not getting the shot unfortunately. regardless of vax or not, majority continues to be over weight and/or pre-existing conditions.

At this point if you are a healthcare worker and you aren't vaccinated I would consider that a form of malpractice and it's probably good those individuals aren't further exercising their poor judgement on treating patients.

"Honestly, natural selection would probably take care of a large number of the mask and vaccine deniers, and I would be all for it"

says alot and irony given your current health.

my current health and what little you know about it doesn't fuck over literally thousands of people. You can't catch "fat" from me sneezing near you you fuck wad.

Comparing being vaccinated is more akin to not wearing gloves or masks when performing surgery as a risk factor than it is to someone being overweight. Taking every precaution to prevent the spread of an infectious disease that you are in the middle of a pandemic for is the standard of care. other risk factors like overweight are outcome risk factors not transmission risk factors. do you understand the difference? no you probably don't because no matter what you are going to make up some excuse about how you with your high school education who "knows" someone in the field is smarter than people that have been studying this their whole lives.