156 mph..crash..

Mace1647545504

Can't believe the TMZ video I just saw where the C8 still had the engine idling with the front end totally smashed after the crash.

I was surprised there wasn't an inertial cut-off switch.

I didn't see the video but that's ridiculous if it doesn't have a pyrotechnic to disconnect the engine +12v power in an accident.

On a similar note, did anyone see the pictures of the Tesla Plaid flying into the ROOF of the house and killing that woman and her dog? I think it was on Jalopnik.

We have this impression here that US license is super easy to get, but other countries are much harder, and often more expensive. My experience in Japan is that this is true. However the thought I just had was that in Japan, and many other countries, they have tiered license based on motorcycle engine size. This tiering at least in Japan doesn't exist for cars, and at least the test that I took as someone 'transferring' a license was more about you following a procedure rather than real actual driving skill. So still someone in Japan can get a license without too much real skill**, and given enough money buy something just as fast as the highest tiered motorcycle. Here it's even worse, most licensing test are kind of a joke. We are in a different situation where in many places in the US to exist in society you have to be able to drive*, so I get why we don't put such high barriers to auto licensing. Situations like this make me wonder if just anyone with enough money should be able to buy a super or hyper car, or even just a relatively high powered sports car. How would anyone here feel about tiered auto license levels?

*Side note, this is part of why I'm a huge fan of designing cities and society more generally around or adapting to multi-modal transportation that gives people the choice and ability to pick how they want to get places. I could probably write walls of text unpacking a ton of the rest of above on other levels, but I think you all get what I'm trying to get at.

**To be fair I didn't know anyone with any cars like this, so there may be other barriers I'm unaware of. I did have a group member with the higher tier motorcycle license and a BMW1000RR and we had some good conversations about it's (lack of) usability there.