long brake line needed

John

short of ordering a custom one from spiegler or something,. where can i get a brake line thats at least 5 feet long, hopefully more like 5.5 or 6, with banjo fittings on the ends?

or do i just unscrew the bolt with the hole that would go through the center of the banjo fitting and just straight screw in the brake line?

yeah and im putting a 300 series tire on it too. :p

no im making a handbrake for my pit bike so i can get more of a BMX feel :p. i got a left handed master cylinder from a scooter... now i just need a line that will reach so i can hook it up to the rear caliper.

ok. got the line and got the end fittings... jegs didnt have the banjo fittings though...

i need one like this

jo-35-400.jpg

and then one that is straight too.

anyone know anyplace local i can go pick one up? i know i can get em online... just dont want to wait for shipping haha. i went to a few auto parts stores... no dice.

Aeroquip or Earl's Performance.

Summit Racing in Northern Ohio, I'd use the catalog on line and mail order it rather than drive there.

Aircraft supply stores around the airports. Aeroquip probably makes one of those. If they don't have one, should be able to order it. Aircraft parts cost more than car parts, even if it's the same part.

You didn't say what size. Need specs for it. But here is an example:

looks like 20 degree -3 AN 10 mm

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=EAR%2D9978034ERL&N=700+4294733687+4294847273+115&autoview=sku

ear-9978034erl_w.jpg

edit: I just looked, Summit has brake lines that are 48 inches long. That's the normal max. There is one at 86 inches, too long.

Edited by ReconRat
stuff

its is a -3AN 10MM 35 degree flare, and then a straight one.

edit: I just looked, Summit has brake lines that are 48 inches long. That's the normal max. There is one at 86 inches, too long.

i got a 6 foot one at jegs. should be more than enough. im just gonna cut it to whatever length it needs to be :)

Aeroquip distributors in Columbus:

http://web2.fluidpower.eaton.com/DistributorLocatorHyd/DistributorLocator.aspx

I'm not going to list them all, but I've used Fournier before.

FOURNIER RUBBER & SUPPLY

1341 NORTON AVE

COLUMBUS, OH 43212

US

Phone: 614-294-6453

Fax: 614-294-0644

Email: jdempsey@fournierrubber.com

www.fournierrubber.com

Take your brake hose with you, it's possible they might crimp it there for a few bucks.

edit: a lot of these places don't do walk-ins anymore, call ahead and check first.

Edited by ReconRat
info

I don't have the number off hand but Hel will make you what ever you want for the same cost as off the shelf. I had custom lines made for my R6 and they came out cheaper than if I would have bought them from one of the box stores.

thanks for the info. i emailed fournier, so hopefully they have it :)

i know i can order them a million places online... just was hoping i could drive somewhere and pick it up today rather than waiting for shipping...