WTB: kid starter dirtbike

copper1k

Something amazing happened the other night. The 9 year olds came up to me and asked for a dirtbike. I've been waiting a long time for this day :). (I'm getting the "I want to be like you dad" feeling)

I figured I would send a feeler out to see if anyone has one that their kids have grown out of. I am not ready to drop a bunch of cash on a new one until I know that they "really" want it, but I still want something decent that will last a few seasons.

Thanks

What size are you looking for and what price range? I'm getting ready to sell my girls TTR125 if you're interested. Unless he's big for his age it's probably a little tall for a 9 yr old though.

It will be for both of them. They stand 4ft with about 24 in. inseam (on balls of feet). A 50cc is probably too small for them and the TTR125 is most likely too big. I'm looking for something in between for under $1000.

hi there. I have a 2001 honda xr100. im 5'2 and its perfect for me height wise, as in both legs touch the ground when i sit down. this bike was an american honda employee purchase the first couple years. since we've owned it, im the only person who has rode it so there's been no abuse. it was in ca prior to january 07, and since we moved here, not much riding at all bc i prefer riding in desert. at this time, i'd like to trade up for a larger street bike, otherwise would never consider selling. if you think this size bike might be a good fit for your kiddos, let me know. i'd like to get around $1000 for it.

It will be for both of them. They stand 4ft with about 24 in. inseam (on balls of feet). A 50cc is probably too small for them and the TTR125 is most likely too big. I'm looking for something in between for under $1000.

Yeah this an L model and the seat height is about 31 inches, probably a bit tall. :(

I would suggest looking for a Kawasaki KLX110 (or Suzuki DRZ110, same bike) They have been out for awhile now so you can find them relatively cheap and sounds like it would fit them just about right.

I'm trawling CL daily. A DR would be okay it was my first bike.

I'm selling 4 bikes this one is an 04 RM65 ($1100), runs perfect! Bought my sons new bikes at Xmas. Other bikes are 2007 (bought in 08) KTM pro sr 50cc ($1900), 2005 Suzuki RMZ250 ($2750), and a Honda CBR 1000RR 3100miles ($6750). If interested call 440-309-0337, thanks.

1999 kx 60 runs great starts easy, has a few cracks in the plastics one small tear in the seat. good tread on both tires. pretty fast ! good bike two learn how to ride 2 strokes on. my son has raced this bike only 4 times, last time he trophyed on it. this bike is a runner. needs nothing . 650 obo. call 330-323-4528

1999 kx 60 runs great starts easy, has a few cracks in the plastics one small tear in the seat. good tread on both tires. pretty fast ! good bike two learn how to ride 2 strokes on. my son has raced this bike only 4 times, last time he trophyed on it. this bike is a runner. needs nothing . 650 obo. call 330-323-4528

Thanks for all the potentials!