Shop suggestions for tire changing?

sleepyk

Hey guys!

I am wrapping up the work on my 1978 XS 500 and have decided to have someone else futz with taking the old tires off the rim and putting on the new tire and tube. I had Competition Accessories do the front tire over the weekend, but I have the back tire off now and wanted to see if you guys have any local shops yo might suggest for this type of work (I'm in Beavercreek).

My wife seems to think there is some bike shop near the intersection of Grange Hall and Patterson.

I hadn't thought of a general tire store...

I was going to see if my buddy who's an old Japanese bike fanatic would do it, but he said that he pinches the tube 50% of the time.

I may run over to the general area my wife was talking about at lunch to see if I can find the place she's talking about.

grange hall and patterson is where brocks performance is in the old e-check building I dont know If they change tires. you might want to call first to save you a trip. there are a number of places that change motorcycle tires. epc on woodman (if you can get a hold of them) cycle hut on valley street. southside on springboro pike in morine(they are crooks but its just a tire) joes cycle on north dixie(great people) and tires unlimited.

Edited by pocar

Dustin,

What are your hours? What would you charge?

It's my after work job on the side. So anytime after 4:30 or so. Today would be after 5:30-6:00. I've got something going on when I get off the day job.

I'd do it for $20. +$3 if you don't want your old tire back.

If you've got time in the evening to stop by I can do it. Or I work in Huber if you wanted to meet me. I can take it from you get it mounted and meet you the next day and give it back.

It's my after work job on the side. So anytime after 4:30 or so. Today would be after 5:30-6:00. I've got something going on when I get off the day job.

If you've got time in the evening to stop by I can do it. Or I work in Huber if you wanted to meet me. I can take it from you get it mounted and meet you the next day and give it back.

:plus1: support a fellow OR!!!

:)

Shame on me for going to Competition Accessories for the first tire...

I can come up tonight. I'll give you a call at 6:15 just to confirm.

Awesome!

:)

Shame on me for going to Competition Accessories for the first tire...

I can come up tonight. I'll give you a call at 6:15 just to confirm.

Awesome!

It'll be more than shame on you if you ever take your bike to CA again. Worst shop ever. :rulez:

It'll be more than shame on you if you ever take your bike to CA again. Worst shop ever. :rulez:

My exact thoughts...

I got it done last night and while I haven't heard a status report I'm pretty sure it was a success. Even if it did take a few minutes longer than it should have...

Darn them old bikes and tires though! Have machine will conquer, but they will fight.

Dustin-

The tire is holding air like a champ! Thanks for the reasonable price and patience with an old, hardened, skinny tire. At least you got to unwrap all of the toys for the mounter.

dustin I cant remember the price you gave me. But what I need is valves checked, front pads, cct and tires balanced my front wheel weight came off. You can have it for how ever long you need it. do I get a complimentary wash?