Firefighters tear up wrong house.

Casper

I am a Federal Firefighter at DSCC. I have been here just over a year and worked out at Violet Township till this past spring. Here at DSCC we are a ladder co. and are Whitehall's first responding ladder co. We work very closely with them. It is a great job and wouldn't give it up for anything. Where are you at?

I am a Federal Firefighter at DSCC. I have been here just over a year and worked out at Violet Township till this past spring. Here at DSCC we are a ladder co. and are Whitehall's first responding ladder co. We work very closely with them. It is a great job and wouldn't give it up for anything. Where are you at?

thats pretty cool, does your area include the army reserve drill center on country club rd. in whitehall?

Yeah, I know all about DSCC...Where you in the military?? Reason I ask is because I applied there about 5 or 6 years ago (when I was still in the military) and the chief told me that they just started hiring paramedic's.

I now work for Rickenbacker FD... I know there are a few guys at DSCC that worked at RFD before.

We are 1 of the 4 State Fire Dept's here in Ohio and we respond mostly off the airport (with either or engine, tanker or rescue ) with Hamilton Twp, Madison Twp, CFD, and Harrison Twp FD's.

I've been at Rickenbacker FD for 4 yrs now, but I've been a firefighter for almost 10yrs... I can't see myself doing anything else! I'm trying to get on somewhere PT, since I only work 8-10 days a month! I know you guys are on some crazy ass schedule right

thats pretty cool, does your area include the army reserve drill center on country club rd. in whitehall?

Yeah we run over there, not been there yet though.

Yeah, I know all about DSCC...Where you in the military?? Reason I ask is because I applied there about 5 or 6 years ago (when I was still in the military) and the chief told me that they just started hiring paramedic's.

I now work for Rickenbacker FD... I know there are a few guys at DSCC that worked at RFD before.

We are 1 of the 4 State Fire Dept's here in Ohio and we respond mostly off the airport (with either or engine, tanker or rescue ) with Hamilton Twp, Madison Twp, CFD, and Harrison Twp FD's.

I've been at Rickenbacker FD for 4 yrs now, but I've been a firefighter for almost 10yrs... I can't see myself doing anything else! I'm trying to get on somewhere PT, since I only work 8-10 days a month! I know you guys are on some crazy ass schedule right

The schedule is funky at first but I love it and so does the family. I work 48 hrs on 72 off, it's really is nice. It actualy rotates 2 on 3 off, 2 on 3 off, 2on 2off, that way I work the same set schedule every two weaks. We are on a 106 hour pay cycle with an additional 38 hours OT on each check. Yes I was in the Marine Corps back in the day. We will be hiring in the not to disdant future if you are looking to go Federal instead of State., not sure of your guys pay scales. Are you a medic also? It is a requirement here.

Yeah, our schedule is crazy as well... we don't work 48-72's, but 24 on 24 off 24 on 72 off, then next week is 24 on, 48 off 8 on 72 off. We get 3 kelly days every 2 weeks and it works out to a 104hr pay period. I've been getting a ton of OT the last few months, we've got 3 or 4 possitions to fill and I just racked in 64hrs of OT last pay!

The pay scale here state side isn't too bad, now that we have a union to back us up and all that stuff... I'm happy. I know if I were to go fulltime anywhere else (like Columbus) that I would take a huge pay cut and I don't want to do that. I also, don't want to work 48-72's... I like my schedule now and my family does also... I've got my son's daycare setup around my set schedule.

Not a medic yet (just an EMT) I've been wanting to go, and I even started Medic school back when I was stationed in NC, but was sent to Kuwait 2weeks into the class so I had to drop out. I've never had the chance to go back, and my schedule won't allow me to go to medic school unless I want to take a boat load of leave... I don't have any because I use almost all of it racing in the summer!

Do you ever use the gym on DSCC?? I use to workout there back in the day when I was home on leave, it was nice. I was thinking about going back there to workout since I've got a military ID

I see you live in Pickerington, I'm in Blacklick off Waggoner Rd, Noth of E.Broad St, let me know if you want to go out riding sometime!

BCONRAD@wowway.com

Yeah, our schedule is crazy as well... we don't work 48-72's, but 24 on 24 off 24 on 72 off, then next week is 24 on, 48 off 8 on 72 off. We get 3 kelly days every 2 weeks and it works out to a 104hr pay period. I've been getting a ton of OT the last few months, we've got 3 or 4 possitions to fill and I just racked in 64hrs of OT last pay!

The pay scale here state side isn't too bad, now that we have a union to back us up and all that stuff... I'm happy. I know if I were to go fulltime anywhere else (like Columbus) that I would take a huge pay cut and I don't want to do that. I also, don't want to work 48-72's... I like my schedule now and my family does also... I've got my son's daycare setup around my set schedule.

Not a medic yet (just an EMT) I've been wanting to go, and I even started Medic school back when I was stationed in NC, but was sent to Kuwait 2weeks into the class so I had to drop out. I've never had the chance to go back, and my schedule won't allow me to go to medic school unless I want to take a boat load of leave... I don't have any because I use almost all of it racing in the summer!

Do you ever use the gym on DSCC?? I use to workout there back in the day when I was home on leave, it was nice. I was thinking about going back there to workout since I've got a military ID

I see you live in Pickerington, I'm in Blacklick off Waggoner Rd, Noth of E.Broad St, let me know if you want to go out riding sometime!

BCONRAD@wowway.com

I guess everyone gets used to qhatever schedule they have and everyone elses seems difficult.

I use the gym all the time. We try to make it part of our daily routine to go and workout every afternoon.

Sounds good to me about riding sometime. I have a friend that rides a 998 that lives over by you. We will have hook up sometime. Are you going to the track day on the 30th? I am and it will be my first track day and I am as giddy as a school girl, I can't waite.

Can either of you guys get me a job at the Fire Department. I have been out of the academy for almost a year now and cant get a damn job. Im getting frustrated with it and im about to just give up, but I love the job so much is the reason I havent yet. Let me know I would appreciate it.

Can either of you guys get me a job at the Fire Department. I have been out of the academy for almost a year now and cant get a damn job. Im getting frustrated with it and im about to just give up, but I love the job so much is the reason I havent yet. Let me know I would appreciate it.

Medic? Former military? These are the two things needed for here. Well you eally don't have to be former military but they get the first dibs over civilans.

If you've got your Airport Firefighter certs, then you can apply where I work... Other then that, take a trip on your bike around 270 with a bookbag and grab as many applications as you can. Take a few days to fill them out and return them with copies of all your certs and what not. I know that West Lick-me Co. is going to hire more FF's soon... I would go over there and get an application.

Bowhunt, No I won't be doing the trackday on the 30th... is that this month with SBTT?? I'll be there helping my friend in the pits for vintage race weekend on his RS125, then I'll be there for the Superbike weekend racing in the upper paddock area on my NSR for a demo event. Come check it out if you plan on going.

Email or call me sometime if you and your buddy are planning on going for a ride... even if it is somewhere local and just to get out! I'm always riding by myself and it is getting boring!

If you've got your Airport Firefighter certs, then you can apply where I work... Other then that, take a trip on your bike around 270 with a bookbag and grab as many applications as you can. Take a few days to fill them out and return them with copies of all your certs and what not. I know that West Lick-me Co. is going to hire more FF's soon... I would go over there and get an application.

Bowhunt, No I won't be doing the trackday on the 30th... is that this month with SBTT?? I'll be there helping my friend in the pits for vintage race weekend on his RS125, then I'll be there for the Superbike weekend racing in the upper paddock area on my NSR for a demo event. Come check it out if you plan on going.

Email or call me sometime if you and your buddy are planning on going for a ride... even if it is somewhere local and just to get out! I'm always riding by myself and it is getting boring!

Sounds good.