Sprockets...

justin0469

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went with the driven sprockets, -1/+2 and i wouldnt say it was a big deal. noticeable but not a huge difference. i agree with what the others have said about using a 600 to its full potential, not many can do it. id say hold off on the 1k and just do the conversion

there arent very many but maybe a couple that can use what a 600 has.

why spend the 12g or 13g whatever they cost, when u arent ever gonna use all the power??? if u drag i understand but for anything else i dont see the point in it. @ 23 ur insurance will be stupid on a 1000 and this is ur 2nd bike, and just got the 600 earlier this year if memory serves me correctly. u really think ur ready for a 1000??? just be honest with urself man.

not trying to flame just IMO.

I'm on my third bike, and I've had 600s since i got my temps at 15 1/2. So I've been riding for 8 years on 600s. I did just get this one about a yr ago and my next bike will be my 4th.

if you want more power/torque definitely go down teeth in the front, up in the back... you lose top end and gas mileage, but how often do you peg it in 6th anyway?

For a 600 this is actually false. They lack the HP to rev out 6th in the first place so the gearing will actually produce the same speed but at a different, higher, rpm.

I'm on my third bike, and I've had 600s since i got my temps at 15 1/2. So I've been riding for 8 years on 600s. I did just get this one about a yr ago and my next bike will be my 4th.

ok, have u used everything ur 600's had? im a farley quick guy and i know i havent used everything my 600 has. but its ur choice just saying 1000cc can get u in trouble quick! good luck!

ok, have u used everything ur 600's had? im a farley quick guy and i know i havent used everything my 600 has. but its ur choice just saying 1000cc can get u in trouble quick! good luck!

oh yeah, im sure that i haven't. and you just wont on the streets. but i think you can feel more power out of the 1000 while staying within the rules of the road. i totally agree a 1000 can get me or anyone into trouble. anyway, i think ill try new sprockets here in the coming weeks and see what that does for me. I'll probably go test ride a cbr1000 too just to see what thats like.

But in all seriousness..I feel his pain.

I went almost immediately to a -1/+2 on my 600RR.....Much better than stock.

When I got my new wheels......I felt the need for a bit more so I upped the rear to a +3.....It is pretty nice there and I like its powerband now.

It stilll needs some more torque though.....and no amount of teeth will help that out while still making it streetable.

I did however find out the max speed on my bike in this gearing COnfig this past weekend on the way back from th dyno.....145......and its bouncing off the limiter in 6th.

And yes....I have a speedo healer so its corrected.

thats cuz i dont talk when im in person...

jesus nick you are like a woman reading into things way too much lol

i mean that with the way you handle your 14 you can outrun even the 600's in the twisty's. yes i know its riding skill etc, but you have proven that it can happen.

thats cuz i dont talk when im in person...

jesus nick you are like a woman reading into things way too much lol

i mean that with the way you handle your 14 you can outrun even the 600's in the twisty's. yes i know its riding skill etc, but you have proven that it can happen.

haha...sorry, I needed a decoder pen for your first post earlier to get that out of it. :)

So you're considering a 1k but keep saying you don't want something that wheelies too easily, get the sprockets.

i say that because ive read people making comments that after the sprocket changes "it's hard to keep the wheel down" while in first. I don't think that's true of stock 600s or 1000s.

i say that because ive read people making comments that after the sprocket changes "it's hard to keep the wheel down" while in first. I don't think that's true of stock 600s or 1000s.

when do u go wide open in first?

it will only come up in first if u want it to, with of with out sprockets

OK, thanks for everyone's comments. After looking and reading around I went with Stealth sprockets. They aren't as common as Vortex or Driven. I like the looks for Vortex, but not the quality. I liked the quality of the Drivens a little more but still kinda iffy. I read about the Stealths, they are a little more expensive but high quality and look nice. I got the EK MVXZ Gold chain. Now I'll have to get a Speedohealer too, maybe 12 o'clocker will have his done soon enough...

http://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=16292&cat=270&page=1