Insurance Questions and Answers

Likwid

Thanks, how about the winter storage coverage thing?

So this depends on the carrier. Progressive and Nationwide offer 12 month policies (as well as some other carriers). Other carriers offer 6 month policies....

What this means is, if you get a 12 month policy and pay it in full the company is likely prorating a good portion since they know you will ride mostly in the nice months.

Best option? Right when riding season ends and you put her in storage, lower your liability limits and raise your deductibles, all you really need is Comprehensive for storage, unless you're frequently pulling a car into the unit where you store it.

Nationwide quit covering R type sport bikes a few years ago

So this depends on the carrier. Progressive and Nationwide offer 12 month policies (as well as some other carriers). Other carriers offer 6 month policies....

What this means is, if you get a 12 month policy and pay it in full the company is likely prorating a good portion since they know you will ride mostly in the nice months.

Best option? Right when riding season ends and you put her in storage, lower your liability limits and raise your deductibles, all you really need is Comprehensive for storage, unless you're frequently pulling a car into the unit where you store it.

Nationwide quotes and writes motorcycle policies... Now, that being said, the rates they give you are not the best on sportbikes.

i was a nationwide customer for over 10 years , when i bought a 2004 Yamaha R1 that they said they can not insure because they quit covering R type Sport Bike motorcycles. i was forced to take a loss on it and recover old bike after having it for 3 days. they cover motorcycles , but unless things have changed again . they quit covering R types. they did have my bike insured and would have insured any non r type. And with a good driving record no tickets in last three years . One no fault accident ... i was quoted 4,200 a year yesterday from esurance , and about the same from state farms on a 2009 R 1.

so i looked at older models , 1,200 a year for a 2000

Found one thats decent priced $998.00 for full coverage state min. on a 2009 r1 http://www.ridewithrider.com/

but they are 20 bucks more than the allstate policy on my current.

Edited by krzwhtman

i was a nationwide customer for over 10 years , when i bought a 2004 Yamaha R1 that they said they can not insure because they quit covering R type Sport Bike motorcycles. i was forced to take a loss on it and recover old bike after having it for 3 days. they cover motorcycles , but unless things have changed again . they quit covering R types. they did have my bike insured and would have insured any non r type. And with a good driving record no tickets in last three years . One no fault accident ... i was quoted 4,200 a year yesterday from esurance , and about the same from state farms on a 2009 R 1.

so i looked at older models , 1,200 a year for a 2000

Found one thats decent priced $998.00 for full coverage state min. on a 2009 r1 http://www.ridewithrider.com/

Yeah, I know for sure they write sportbikes. I have received quotes from them the last few years.

i called em for a quote , they are covering again . but not a good enough deal . 25/50 k full coverage was $2,300.00 on a 09 r1 . 36 no tickets in 5 years one no fault accident .

think if i buy a new horse ill try that riders insurance.

i called em for a quote , they are covering again . but not a good enough deal . 25/50 k full coverage was $2,300.00 on a 09 r1 . 36 no tickets in 5 years one no fault accident .

think if i buy a new horse ill try that riders insurance.

Their rates have gotten better but it still isn't even close to what I am paying with a competitor. In 2006 Nationwide quoted me 8200 bucks a year for full coverage with state mininums. In 2007 I received a quote for around 4000 bucks and this past spring they gave me a quote for 2300. I have no accidents or tickets ever and I am 29.

ya that $8,200 is like the $8,600 progressive quoted me on the r1 i bought. cheapest i found it back then was mid 2 k i believe , i refuse to pay the amount of the vehicle in insurance in the time frame of a 4 year loan, otherwise i would be on it now. .... insurance is insane. the riders quote has me itching to go shopping though , once im back to work. construction sucks , i might have to go to Vegas and work in the man whore place :) wemmins only.

• 3 months later...