Thinking about getting a CRF450

omgshesaboy

what is the difference between the R and the X.. I havent done much research yet but I am looking at everything I need to get

The X has lights, electric start, and a battery. Otherwise you gotta worry about a stator and all kinds of crap. You can drop the extra weight from the X to make it an R and it you're life will be much easier (and cheaper)

both james and i have R's (his was the red one mine was the white)

only reason i have and R is cuz i couldnt find an X, or a KTM!!!

if u guys come down again u can ride it, and after u do u'll def. want one!cuz they are so damn fun!!!

ill sell u mine if u find me a ktm 525 to buy!

to change mine over i've bought

warp 9 wheels - $860

conti street tires - $260

ktm head light - $100

trail tech stator/flywheel - $ 150 or 200 i cant remember

kawi zx6r tail light - freebie (then i ripped it off on accident when i changed it back to moto one weekend)

plates are like 28 bucks or 38 (same as street bike)

insurance is 23 bucks a month for the highest full coverage i could get... (675 is 150 for full, but low coverage, just a reference in my insurance prices)

fun factor is a 15 on a scale of 1-10

I was also looking at doing a convert into a motard. besides the 450x, klr650's what other bikes come with a headlight and or other streetable stuff?

how well does the suspension work on the pavement?

Edited by sturg

I was also looking at doing a convert into a motard. besides the 450x, what other bikes come with a headlight and or other streetable stuff?

how well does the suspension work on the pavement?

all of the big 4 have a model with a headlight and such, but all lack the power that a dirt verion of the same bike have, but make up for it with different tranny ratios and speedos and tail lights and blah blah, i love my R for the short little holligan rides :D

DSCF1208-2.jpg

how big are you? i rode a drz450 around the neighborhood and it was fun, but i felt like it could have used more pep. im 6'1-6'2 230's, and might want to bump up into the 650 and gear teh shit out of it\

nice action shot btw

Edited by sturg