Another biker down... Georgesville road

jessecwalters

On georgesville road infront of Walmart and Hall was a bike accident. Didnt see what happened though. All I saw were plastic parts, and a white bike laying in the middle of the road. Lots of cops, a firetruck and an ambulance were there. Dont know the condition of the rider or who it was tho?

Unfortunately, no, he is not ok. He was pronounced dead on the scene. Estimated speed on impact was 90+ MPH when he hit the Ford Mustang that was occupied by two people. Unknown if he was wearing gear.

Need to pray or do what you do for his family at this point. Unknown if he was a member?

Story below, but you know the media:

http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/article/motorcycle_accident_closes_georgesville/16420/

thank you for the update bdrug.

What's the speed limit on that road? I've never been down there.

Probably only 35. Thats a pretty congested area right there with a Walmart, a smaller plaza and a gas station all right there.

90mph in a 35mph zone?? Almost triple the fucking speed limit?? SRSLY?? :mad:

Keep in mind, that is early news reports. Unkown what a determined speed will be. The news likely got a speed from a passing witness who said, "He had to of been going 90 mph!" In reality he was going 50. Then again...

Could have been faster or could have been slower. We don't know yet. Point is, dead is dead.

i dont believe the police would have determined a speed yet, or if they have then they are not going to release it just yet.

i agree with one of the above post it was probably based on witness accounts, smaller objects appear to be moving faster, he also could have been in a lower gear with engine revs high sounding faster etc...

i dont believe the police would have determined a speed yet, or if they have then they are not going to release it just yet.

i agree with one of the above post it was probably based on witness accounts, smaller objects appear to be moving faster, he also could have been in a lower gear with engine revs high sounding faster etc...

You're right, they would not have determined speed yet. Crash reconstruction uses a lot of formulas that can not be accoplished on the spot. They certainly would not release the speed which is considered the minimum impact speed to the public yet.

A note about NBC4's story. Headline:

"Motorcycle Accident Closes Georgesville"

Does that strike anyone else as WRONG?!?!?!

A biker loses his life and they make the crux of the story the road closure. Is it just me?

Here is what it says now:

1 Dies When Motorcycle & Vehicle Collide

By Donna Willis

Web Content Coordinator

Published: June 6, 2009

COLUMBUS, Ohio—A man died Saturday after a motorcycle and vehicle collided in a Southwest Side intersection.

NBC 4 reported with the FAST FACTS.

Daryl Wilkins, 39, was operating a 2007 Kawasaki motorcycle southbound on Georgesville Road at Hall Road, CPD said.

Wilkins’ motorcycle was involved in a crash with a 2000 Ford Mustang.

Wilkins was transported to Mount Carmel Medical Center in critical condition.

Wilkins died as a result of his injuries and was pronounced at the hospital.

Alcohol was not considered to be a factor in the crash.

The intersection was closed about three hours and reopened at about 9:40 p.m.

The crash remained under investigation.

RIP fellow rider.